2008 FJR1300 - Dear Yamaha, this is what we want.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anybody mention larger side cases. At least big enough to put a helmet in.
I haven't found a helmet yet that doesn't fit easily.

I have personally put an friends XL Scorpion helmet, which by most accounts is one of the largest helmets on the market in the sidecase and it shut just fine. I just BARELY fit in my E460 topcase, though. Much tighter than my wifes med HJC.

Let's see, I just bought an '07A and I'm a happy camper but here's my suggestion for the 2010 FJR...

Standard Shift - forget 6 gears. 5 is fine. (Hell, make the current 5 gears, w-i-d-e-r spaced! Just buzzin' around I sometimes find myself snatching a couple gears at a time.) Oops, did I really say that? :dribble:

AE version...

Hold the PHONE! LIGHT BULB! Why not have the best of all worlds? A 3-way trany switch! :crazy:

Postion #1: RM (Road Racer Mode) A clutch lever and shift lever (or paddle) if you want it, OR

Position #2: YM (Yuppie Mode) The current standard AE method, OR

Position #3: GM (Grandpa Mode) - the AE function but the computer shifts for you, based on RPM and torque requirements

Shhhhhhhhhhhh, we won't say anything if you slip it into the GM mode most of the time... :rolleyes:

Cruise Control - DEFINITELY! (And retrofittable to older models) :clapping:

Helmet Locks - PLEASE! (Did Helmet Locks disappear from the older bikes like the infamous ash tray?!) :angry2:

A reasonably priced, "all-day" seat option that doesn't look like its designed for an elephant's butt - (or at least sell a seat pan separately for after-marketers). :blink:

Ok, what else....

Highway bars? FJR Belt Buckles? Chrome replacements for every part? Passenger Armrests?

Ape hangers? 57 Bright Tail Lights? NOW WE'RE TALKIN'! :yahoo:

It was both entertaining.....and extremely painful to browse through every post thusfar on this thread. So, how about a little unscientific post-thread analsysis?
Yamaha US announced for 2008:
New ABS System
Scratch-Resistant Windshield Coating
Modified Windshield Bracket
New Grips
Raven and Graphite Colos for A and AE

with Canadian Addition:
Revised throttle pulley
Middle gear damper spring load is increased for improved feeling at clutch engagement and better shifting feeling overall.
Revised 3rd and 4th pinion gears feature an additional engagement dog for improved shifting feeling.
Revised engine ECU settings for improved drivability.
The instrumentation meter cover has been revised from a silver finish to a black metallic finish to reduce glare on the windshield.

What Was Popularly Requested on This Thread:
Six-speed
Self-cancellling turn signals
Weight loss/Performance Increase/Cheaper
Color choices for U.S. folks

The closest predictors....or perhaps most realistic askers?
Closest Color Pick
Wicked Webby asking for a black metallic seemed closest to the mark on color. Runner-Up to Reg# 43987.

Honorable Mention About the ECU
Luke for suggesting a better ECM map, but got greedy asking for user adjustability.

Best Thread Thread
FJRMGM pretty much nailed the general tone.

Biggest Single Miss
Painmain for a laundry list of items that didn't change one iota. The jury is still out whether "fatter grips" that *could* be related to "new grips." ;)

Anybody wanna start a pool for 2009?

Anybody wanna start a pool for 2009?
Anyone else up for a 26" seat height? :thumbsupsmileyanim: (I can't see this happening, but how about an adjustable seat that goes LOWER than stock as well/instead of one that goes higher?)

Jill

Last edited by a moderator:
Ignacio,

So are you saying that the Canadian model gets what you stated and the US model doesn't get that stuff??

Rob

I just hope they reverse the trend shown by the Gen 2- slower, heavier and more touring than sport oriented. Don't do what Kawasaki did- that is make the bike taller and heavier than the FJR. The extra horsepower of the new Concours doesn't make up for the extra pork over a Gen 1 FJR IMHO. And hopefully they won't do anything dopey like that KIPASS system.
I don't consider mine "slow"... wanna race for titles?
I didn't say slow, I said slower. My friend has an '06 which I've ridden back to back with my '05 and it is definitely slower. Besides, you're in Texas; racing for titles would be difficult to accomplish.
How about loser buys the winner a lap dance? Call it racing for titties. :twitchsmile:

Rancho

That's what I misread in the first place......

Status
Not open for further replies.