2008 FJR1300 - Dear Yamaha, this is what we want.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Yeah.....Fire Engine Red!!!!

and let's go back to the original dashboard of the 03, 04 and 05 model.

I do market research for Yamaha, and have been assigned to reading this forum (as well as the R1 forum) to get a better handle on our customers cares and concerns. Please know that we strive to give our customers what they want. After carefully analyzing the contents of this thread I had the boys down in R&D pen together a quick sketch of our new protype; hopefully I have incorporated everything: 2009 FJR protype. We believe that with some optional accessories everybody can be happy!

Ignore the Honda bit, they are a bunch of thieving wannabes.

Last edited by a moderator:
NNNAAA I want FIRE ENGINE RED! :yahoo: Tom
[SIZE=14pt]Exactly![/SIZE]

FJR-Red.jpg

Now that's a work of art!

Roger
Now that's what I'm talking about! :yahoo:

Tom
OH YEAH!!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Maybe even black out some of the silver parts. Why didnt they make my AE in that color?!?!?!?

I am (very) new to this bike (see new members), and I bought it because it wasn't a Lux-O-Barge, but could obviously do the big miles in comfort--previous to riding it, I just couldn't see myself on a "tourer" And I rode a new FZ1 for a couple of hours today (loaner) while the FJR was having it's first service--it just won't do what this bike will, if you want to do the miles, at least. Good little toy. :rolleyes: I enjoyed it.

My only "real" gripe is the controls for LCD screen--why are they on the right, hard to reach on the move? BMW does theirs from a left thumb button (at least on the 1200GS) The actual display itself is great, as is the speedo, particularly at night--and the lights--jeez. And the power...

This is one good bike....

:yahoo:

Long -term owners, please forgive my instant summary :unsure: ; unless you agree with me, of course...

Good overview, ranmar. I'm a new owner myself, although I'm unable to pick my new scoot up yet (rain). I'm hoping to ride her home tomorrow.

I've done but 25 miles on the FJR.. and it's great. Will need some minor mods such as taller shield and risers.

I had my heart set on a Goldwing.. till I rode one, Ugh! Tooooo much for me to feel comfy on, so I reset my sites on something lighter, quick and comfy - after examining all the sport touring offerings I zeroed in on the FJR.

Can't wait to get some real seat time in. :yahoo:

Lennie

I do market research for Yamaha, and have been assigned to reading this forum (as well as the R1 forum) to get a better handle on our customers cares and concerns. Please know that we strive to give our customers what they want. After carefully analyzing the contents of this thread I had the boys down in R&D pen together a quick sketch of our new protype; hopefully I have incorporated everything: 2009 FJR protype. We believe that with some optional accessories everybody can be happy!
[SIZE=12pt] Somebody pooped in our nest! [/SIZE]

Besides, the new Wing weights almost twice that of the FJR.

Yamaha would NEVER do that to us!

Dear Yamaha,

We want factory cruise, the Gen 1 dash back, and a better stock seat on the FJR, oh, and hardbags on the FZ1.

Thanks.

Just think we all have only about another 10 more weeks of all this crazy talk and we'll really find out about the 08' FJR !!

My recommendation: :clapping: How about Yamaha giving us free replacement FJR's when we put 100,000 on the odometer of our current one! :yahoo:

Oh, I got the Spinal Tap ref! In fact my custom plates are (soon to arrive) "GOZ211"!

So far I have no gripes with the bike... could use an easy to install/remove backrest for the passngr... after all there is a multi-bolt mounting bracket not 4 inches away from the back seat... yet they require an additional mounting bracket, and or full seat replacement, etc, etc.. I may just drill and weld an L-bracket and duct tape a throw pillow to it.

C

How about Pilot Road 2 tires as original equipment........... :yahoo:

I would like to see: A six speed transmission
Why?
+1

So they can bitch about the lack of a seven speed on the 09's. <_<
:rofl:

"But this one goes to eleven......."
I wonder if there's a link between the typical cruising speed of the person making the request and the desirability of a 6th gear. I know I wish the bike had a 6th gear and my normal freeway cruising speed is 80mph or better. Crusing at 80+ makes for a bit more fury coming from the motor than seems necessary.

Circa late 1800's:

Skooter's great great grandfather: "WTF do they want with one of those newfangled electric starts."

Rogue's great great grandfather: "Ah yep. Back when I was a kid we had to kick start a HORSE and we dern well didn't bitch about it neither."

SGGG: "You had a horse? We had to kick start a sheep. AND we constantly got wool burn for our trouble."

:D

Rancho

I get a kick out of all the folks that want a six speed. If Yamaha puts in a six speed and the ratio of the 6th gear is the same as the current 5th....everybody will be happy won't they?
Perhaps the request should be....'A six speed with the final gear an overdrive ratio'?
Pedant. :rolleyes:

Rancho

I just hope they reverse the trend shown by the Gen 2- slower, heavier and more touring than sport oriented. Don't do what Kawasaki did- that is make the bike taller and heavier than the FJR. The extra horsepower of the new Concours doesn't make up for the extra pork over a Gen 1 FJR IMHO. And hopefully they won't do anything dopey like that KIPASS system.

I just hope they reverse the trend shown by the Gen 2- slower, heavier and more touring than sport oriented. Don't do what Kawasaki did- that is make the bike taller and heavier than the FJR. The extra horsepower of the new Concours doesn't make up for the extra pork over a Gen 1 FJR IMHO. And hopefully they won't do anything dopey like that KIPASS system.
I don't consider mine "slow"... wanna race for titles?

Status
Not open for further replies.