• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2008 FJR1300a For Sale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Consider selling the farkles separately, then sell the bike as close to stock as you can to get the most money. Hopefully you still have the stock exhaust.

Post photos if you can.

I betting an 08 is worth about 9k based on MC New bike values. Forum members who hang out here on a regular basis know the value of used FJRs.

Yamaha's new pricing doesn't help with a slightly used one either? The 13's in Canada list at about $16,500. My 08 when new in the showroom had a list of $20,900! Only list I know but they are really pricing new very aggressively!

I would buy your Remus slip ons if you want to sell separately.
Timothyherndon,

I would buy them Remus as well ;) , in case Hudson would change his mind, this of course all anticipated that you sell off your farkles, separately. Fontanaman has a very good point!

V

RPK

I purchased my brand new 2010 back in July for $10,900. Ya might want to KBB your bike and price according. The aftermarket parts dont add value to your bike. Take the parts off and sell them.

16k for a new 2013 model. KBB doesn't take into consideration aftermarket farkles...and I understand perfectly that they don't add to the price but in my opinion it adds to the value. I don't see too many bikes with low miles and still under warranty. I do not have any of the stock items so it will be sold as is. It will sell to the right person, I'm not too concerned.

For crying out loud! Why does everyone feel the need to give unsolicited advice about the price somebody is selling their FJR for? That is extremely rude. Bad freaking manners!
Don't be shitting on somebody's classified ad!
+1
+1 If you aren't interested in buyin it what possible interest could you have in critiquing the asking price? IF you are interested the OP did NOT rule out offers.

While I agree that a PM might be a good way to offer helpful advice, I didn't think the suggestions were mean spirited. I suspect that they were intended to HELP the OP sell his FJR.

While I agree that a PM might be a good way to offer helpful advice, I didn't think the suggestions were mean spirited. I suspect that they were intended to HELP the OP sell his FJR.
No they weren't.

The proper way to 'help' the seller if that is the true motivation is to PM, or Private Message them. It's that simple.

I'll still buy the original poster's hexacones if he's selling separately, for a reasonable price.

The problem with giving advice to the seller in an open post is you may inadvertently be influencing his potential buyer.

If a seller wants suggestions on a price he should post in a different section not the Classified Ads - For Sale.

Good luck with the sale Tim,

I might be interested in the Corbin if you decide to sell some farkles separately.