2008 v 2009 - What should I buy?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the dilemma . . .
FJR1300A

2008 for $12.5 OTD - 125 miles away

2009 for $13.3 OTD - local

Help! :huh:
For $800 go with the one you think is better looking, do you like black wheels? Otherwise I don't see the dilemna, what's 125 miles?

Here's the dilemma . . .
FJR1300A

2008 for $12.5 OTD - 125 miles away

2009 for $13.3 OTD - local

Help! :huh:
For $800 go with the one you think is better looking, do you like black wheels? Otherwise I don't see the dilemna, what's 125 miles?
Well . . . given break-in concerns - I'd have to trailer it to/fro . . . I didn't think the wheels changed in 09 - got any links/pics?

Well . . . given break-in concerns - I'd have to trailer it to/fro . . . I didn't think the wheels changed in 09 - got any links/pics?
Nope, just haven't been paying attention.

Why not break it in on the way home? I bought mine new and rode it 250 miles home. Messing with cagers on the highway is fun, speed up, slow down, repeat. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh, fer chistsakes!!!!

Buy a fukin bike.......an kiss ass about how the wheel color makes it superior.

Gawd I love noobs..........

:jester:

Please tell me your kidding!

If not, please illuminate us to these so-called, 'concerns'.................

I would get the '08, and use the 800 bucks to get the frame sliders, cramp buster, and a givi e250. For the same amount you would end up with all basic and most common add ons.

Looks surely matter too.

S.

Dude buy the freakin 08 and be done with it!

Unless you have a shiteload of money and are obsessed with black rims go for the 08. It's a no brainer.

Breakin smakin that's bullshit. Run the piss out of it on the way home and call it a day. If you gotta trailer the bike home 125 miles then maybe you should be bying a scoot.

And OH YEH it is Friday. :clapping:

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to be careful what you ask on Friday LOL. My only comment about which bike is that the 09 will be a year newer model in about ten years when you decide to trade it in for a 2019 model.

As far as the break-in -- use the moto-man method -- and you don't have to be that precise. I wouldn't redline it and don't hold at steady RPM ---you can run the speed limit in any gear so don't worry about the freeway. Change oil when you get home as 125 miles woulod be just fine for first change (prob better than 20 miles). Just my two cents

Dhall, I wouldn't worry too much about following the break in instructions to the letter. I just broke in my second FJR and these things have great engines and can take a little highway driving right off the bat. Just vary your speed. If you want to stop for a cool down during the drive home, that fine. I've read about many riders on this forum riding their FJRs from locations a lot farther than you would have to. You'll be fine. I personally like the silver wheels as opposed to the black ones on the 09. Reminds me of Mad Max.

GP

(Is that the one where you hold it WOT for 1 minute, idle for two, WOT four minutes, idle 8 minutes, etc.? )

Something like that only do it on a rainy day---

Any specific reason for the attitude?
Dude. That ain't attitude. Believe me, you'll know it when I decide to show some 'attitude'.

Still, I don't understand why you seem to be making things harder than they have to be. I picked up my brand new FJR from a dealer 250 miles away and did the exact break-in that you linked to. I took it back to the dealer for an oil change immediately afterwards. Then I had a most excellent ride home on my new FJR.

Either way, enjoy your new FJR, which ever one you decide on.

And lighten the fuck up. (Now that's some attitude) :D

Dude. That ain't attitude. Believe me, you'll know it when I decide to show some 'attitude'.

And lighten the fuck up. (Now that's some attitude) :D
Whoooo yer a real Hard ass mang.

Keep that shit up an nobody's gonna like you.

:fuck:

:jester:

Buy the one you want - I'd save the 800 and use it to buy more stuff! Just ride it normally without hammering on it and all will be well! In SW Oklahom 125 miles is a lunch ride. Take back roads.

Latest posts