• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2009 FJR New Price $6600

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack D

Reaction score
Oops, The transmission went out on my car today, will be expensive. Price is lowered to $6600.

I have decided to try a smaller bike and so I am selling my 2009 FJR. I am the second owner, I bought the bike with 25 Kmiles on it. It now has 85K. I used the bike for touring, the occasional rally and also an occasional IBA certificate ride. The valves have been checked at 25K by a dealer and by me at 52K and 78K. All valves were in spec each time. I have changed the oil and filter every 5K and used Mobil 1 Racing 4T synthetic motorcycle oil. I grease the driveshaft splines with Honda Molylube at each tire change. I rebuilt the forks at 33K with new bushings and seals. The PR 4 tires have about 6K on them. (I typically get 12-14K tire life on this bike) I am a conservative rider and have only touched 100 mph twice in this bike and each time was briefly, not sustained. The bike has given me zero problems. It has been farkled for the type of riding that I do, i.e. long distances. It has:
Audiovox CC100 cruise control, also has throttle lock
ADV Monster Auxiliary lights
Sylvania Super White headlight bulbs
4 gallon Auxiliary Fuel Tank, two bolts to install/remove, used on another FJR in the 2007 IBR
Helibar Triple Clamp, moves bars up and back
1" risers, yes they will work with the Helibar triple clamp but not currently installed
SAE power outlets, 2 at handlebars, 1 in rear for connection to a top box
Battery Tender plug
Eastern Beaver 8 connector fuse box
2 Gerbing connectors for heated gear
Frame Sliders
MCL forward auxiliary footpegs
RAM ball on left mirror mount
UniGo Trailer hitch, not used for trailer, I used it to hold a Givi bag for camping gear
Givi SR357 top case frame and plate, this is the model that adds support to the rear subframe
Cortech small tankbag
K&N Air Filter, not installed
V-Stream Windshield plus stock shield and Yamaha Touring Screen
Kouba Lowering Links, not installed
Right Angle Valve Stems
Factory Service Manual

Priced at $6600
Will add Russell seats for an additional $450. Made for 5'7" 175 pound rider and 5'2" 120 pound passenger, seats not for sale separately unless bike sells without the seats

See photos at below site (I hope this works)

https://goo.gl/photos/A6Tc2JbQXBqApFoi7

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, talk about all the goodies! Very nice bike.

"UniGo Trailer hitch, not used for trailer, I used it to hold a Givi bag for camping gear"-

Is there any chance that you have a picture of the Givi bag on the hitch? I just thought that was a cool idea and would love to see how it sat/looked.

Carl

n2osx, search for posts under my name. I have a picture posted on a past thread. I don't have that picture on this new computer.

I never did find a picture of your UniGo set up. But I figured that I would bump your nicely set up bike.