• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2009 FJR1300AE - 5,041 miles - Philadelphia Suburbs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajay423

Reaction score
2009 Yamaha FJR1300AE ABS - 5,041 miles - $8,950

If you are on this site it is likely you already know about these bikes, so I apologize for listing so much info for the benefit of newbies.

The FJR1300AE remains in a class of its own.

Gently ridden by a mature rider, and stored in closed garage under cover - and on battery tender during winters, NEVER ridden in snow, or ice conditions, rarely in rain. Only 5,041 miles. I upgraded this bike with the goal of having the ultimate sport tourer. Mission accomplished, but my advancing age requires a lighter bike.

The FJR1300 has a smooth 1,298cc 4-cyl, DOHC, 16-valve engine with an amazingly strong power curve! Standard ABS brakes with twin front ventilated 320mm discs, 282mm rear disc. Low-vibration crankshaft with two gear-driven, secondary counter-balancers help deliver a glass-smooth ride with reduced rider/passenger fatigue. Fully power-adjustable CalSci windscreen, full weather protection fairing with adjustable side panels to move hot engine air away and around the rider, standard Yamaha hard sidebags, long lasting shaft drive for clean and easy maintenance, heated grips and 12v accessory sockets as standard. A 6.6 gallon gas tank and 44+mpg provides for extended mileage sport-cruising. Sleek, cat-eye, dual 12V 60/55-watt multi-reflector headlights throws an extremely broad beam for superb visibility and feature easy-access adjustment knobs; mirrors are easy to adjust and retract horizontally. Instrument panel contains an electronic analog speedometer and tachometer; LCD digital odometer, dual trip meters, gear position indicator, fuel, coolant and air temperature gauges, and clock; lights for neutral, high beam, turn signals, low oil and engine warnings—as well as real-time mileage, average mileage and air temperature. Year after year this model Yamaha wins the long-distance touring contests, with 3 of the 4 top winners of the Iron-Butt rally in 2013 riding an FJR1300!

The AE designation means this FJR is equipped from the factory with Yamaha Chip Control Shifting (Y-CCS). There is some confusion regarding the AE - it is not an automatic transmission! This is a five-speed, manually shifted transmission mated to an electronic computer-controlled clutch (same technology as on many race bikes), the gear number is indicated on the LCD panel on the handlebar dashboard. It works SUPERBLY! Never suffer from clutch-hand fatigue in stop-and-go traffic again! Shifting is done with either the left foot lever (five shifts up, with neutral at the bottom), or with the finger switch on the left handlebar (it's under the bar in a "Y" form, so you can switch with either your thumb or forefinger) with the clutching handled automatically by computer. When pulling away in first gear from a standing stop, the clutches disengages as the revs come up to 1,500 rpm so it is completely controllable. When using finger-switching, this bike shifts faster under acceleration than ANYthing I’ve ever ridden! 2009 was the last year the Y-CCS was available in North America, they are still being sold in Europe and Australia, and are quite popular there. With Y-CCS, THIS BIKE NEVER STALLS because of missed clutch/shift, not in stops in ANY gear, not in missed shifts in corners, NEVER. You can come to a complete halt in 5th gear and the bike automatically engages the clutch so you are standing still in 5th but in clutch-neutral. You then finger-shift down to 1st or neutral again while standing, and then take off when you are ready. Riding in traffic is so much easier! Fast shifting is so much quicker and smoother.

Over $3,000 equipment upgrades have been added to this FJR:

· Custom Suspension –

- 20MM re-valve kit, buffer and spacer kit and springs in the forks

- Penske 8983 RM in the rear. (by Mike Faillace, Metric Devil Moto - Horsham, PA)

· MV Motorrad Handlebar plate riser

· Russell Daylong seats – heated rider, not heated passenger

· YES – Transferable Yamaha Extended Warranty thru 2017

· Motolights

· CalSci windscreen – Medium. (Also includes stock screen)

· OEM Yamaha frame sliders (not available in USA - from Canadian Yamaha Dealer) -

· OEM Yamaha tank bag (not available in USA - from Canadian Yamaha Dealer) -

· Mirror extenders (Twisted Throttle) – big improvement

· Barkbuster handguards (Twisted Throttle) – great in summer, too

· Original Grip Buddies - Super Sharkskins

· Loud replacement horns• LED running/brake lights/turn signals integrated with the license plate

• Two SAE, fused power sockets – for battery tenders, heated clothes, etc.

• Yamaha liners for stock factory side bags

• Black, extra weighted handlebar ends to smooth any vibration

• Recent Battlax BT-023-GT – front, rear tire okay

Only blemishes on the bike are some minor scratches on the luggage rack handle (see photo with penny coin for scale), right mirror edge (too small to photograph).

I have clear title in hand, and the FJR is at my residence in the Philadelphia suburbs. I will help with airport/train station pickup for anyone who flies or trains in to pickup the bike and ride it out.

Priced for quick sale - $8,950 – I am not interested in a trade, or selling through a dealer/wholesaler. (KBB value is $9355 – assuming 24,265 miles and no upgrades, NADA value is $10,335 – assuming no upgrades.)

Call or text at 484 - eight - 0 - two - 8282, or email at [email protected]

Pictures can be seen at https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/4471814787.html (I could not figure out how to post pictures directly)

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent deal for someone. You might want to mention what weight the suspension is setup for, although that can be changed. Low miles on a nice black FJR. Wish I could.

Excellent deal for someone. You might want to mention what weight the suspension is setup for, although that can be changed. Low miles on a nice black FJR. Wish I could.
Thanks Commander,

Sure - I am 190 lbs, dressed and geared up, and it can easily go from 165 to 250 without needing adjustment.

The color is Metallic Titanium/Liquid Silver - the photos don't do it justice. It changes based on how the light hits it - from a dark charcoal, to a medium dark bronze, and of course, Titanium. I think the metallic flecks in the paint are what gives the finish depth and changeability.

Of course, the AE is a dark gray. There was a really good deal on close out top-cases for that last year that a bunch of the 2013 riders jumped on. Here is a pic assist: You can copy and paste these to your first post.

00606_k1HyaQTvui0_600x450.jpg
01313_zgcXZuyZxd_600x450.jpg

01717_hjcdzzxldhQ_600x450.jpg
00R0R_2m7r8Q7CQTW_600x450.jpg

00L0L_gq38R1sLQmf_600x450.jpg

I now cannot edit my original post - and cannot add the photos you are so graciously assisting me with.

2009 Yamaha FJR1300AE ABS - 5,041 miles - $8,950

If you are on this site it is likely you already know about these bikes, so I apologize for listing so much info for the benefit of newbies.

The FJR1300AE remains in a class of its own.

Gently ridden by a mature rider, and stored in closed garage under cover - and on battery tender during winters, NEVER ridden in snow, or ice conditions, rarely in rain. Only 5,041 miles. I upgraded this bike with the goal of having the ultimate sport tourer. Mission accomplished, but my advancing age requires a lighter bike.

The FJR1300 has a smooth 1,298cc 4-cyl, DOHC, 16-valve engine with an amazingly strong power curve! Standard ABS brakes with twin front ventilated 320mm discs, 282mm rear disc. Low-vibration crankshaft with two gear-driven, secondary counter-balancers help deliver a glass-smooth ride with reduced rider/passenger fatigue. Fully power-adjustable CalSci windscreen, full weather protection fairing with adjustable side panels to move hot engine air away and around the rider, standard Yamaha hard sidebags, long lasting shaft drive for clean and easy maintenance, heated grips and 12v accessory sockets as standard. A 6.6 gallon gas tank and 44+mpg provides for extended mileage sport-cruising. Sleek, cat-eye, dual 12V 60/55-watt multi-reflector headlights throws an extremely broad beam for superb visibility and feature easy-access adjustment knobs; mirrors are easy to adjust and retract horizontally. Instrument panel contains an electronic analog speedometer and tachometer; LCD digital odometer, dual trip meters, gear position indicator, fuel, coolant and air temperature gauges, and clock; lights for neutral, high beam, turn signals, low oil and engine warnings—as well as real-time mileage, average mileage and air temperature. Year after year this model Yamaha wins the long-distance touring contests, with 3 of the 4 top winners of the Iron-Butt rally in 2013 riding an FJR1300!

The AE designation means this FJR is equipped from the factory with Yamaha Chip Control Shifting (Y-CCS). There is some confusion regarding the AE - it is not an automatic transmission! This is a five-speed, manually shifted transmission mated to an electronic computer-controlled clutch (same technology as on many race bikes), the gear number is indicated on the LCD panel on the handlebar dashboard. It works SUPERBLY! Never suffer from clutch-hand fatigue in stop-and-go traffic again! Shifting is done with either the left foot lever (five shifts up, with neutral at the bottom), or with the finger switch on the left handlebar (it's under the bar in a "Y" form, so you can switch with either your thumb or forefinger) with the clutching handled automatically by computer. When pulling away in first gear from a standing stop, the clutches disengages as the revs come up to 1,500 rpm so it is completely controllable. When using finger-switching, this bike shifts faster under acceleration than ANYthing I’ve ever ridden! 2009 was the last year the Y-CCS was available in North America, they are still being sold in Europe and Australia, and are quite popular there. With Y-CCS, THIS BIKE NEVER STALLS because of missed clutch/shift, not in stops in ANY gear, not in missed shifts in corners, NEVER. You can come to a complete halt in 5th gear and the bike automatically engages the clutch so you are standing still in 5th but in clutch-neutral. You then finger-shift down to 1st or neutral again while standing, and then take off when you are ready. Riding in traffic is so much easier! Fast shifting is so much quicker and smoother.

Over $3,000 equipment upgrades have been added to this FJR:

· Custom Suspension –

- 20MM re-valve kit, buffer and spacer kit and springs in the forks

- Penske 8983 RM in the rear. (by Mike Faillace, Metric Devil Moto - Horsham, PA)

· MV Motorrad Handlebar plate riser

· Russell Daylong seats – heated rider, not heated passenger

· YES – Transferable Yamaha Extended Warranty thru 2017

· Motolights

· CalSci windscreen – Medium. (Also includes stock screen)

· OEM Yamaha frame sliders (not available in USA - from Canadian Yamaha Dealer) -

· OEM Yamaha tank bag (not available in USA - from Canadian Yamaha Dealer) -

· Mirror extenders (Twisted Throttle) – big improvement

· Barkbuster handguards (Twisted Throttle) – great in summer, too

· Original Grip Buddies - Super Sharkskins

· Loud replacement horns• LED running/brake lights/turn signals integrated with the license plate

• Two SAE, fused power sockets – for battery tenders, heated clothes, etc.

• Yamaha liners for stock factory side bags

• Black, extra weighted handlebar ends to smooth any vibration

• Recent Battlax BT-023-GT – front, rear tire okay

Only blemishes on the bike are some minor scratches on the luggage rack handle (see photo with penny coin for scale), right mirror edge (too small to photograph).

I have clear title in hand, and the FJR is at my residence in the Philadelphia suburbs. I will help with airport/train station pickup for anyone who flies or trains in to pickup the bike and ride it out.

Priced for quick sale - $8,950 – I am not interested in a trade, or selling through a dealer/wholesaler. (KBB value is $9355 – assuming 24,265 miles and no upgrades, NADA value is $10,335 – assuming no upgrades.)

Call or text at 484 - eight - 0 - two - 8282, or email at [email protected]

Pictures can be seen at https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/4471814787.html (I could not figure out how to post pictures directly)
Here are some pics

https://images.craigslist.org/00606_k1HyaQTvui0_600x450.jpg

https://images.craigslist.org/01313_zgcXZuyZxd_600x450.jpg

https://images.craigslist.org/01717_hjcdzzxldhQ_600x450.jpg

https://images.craigslist.org/00R0R_2m7r8Q7CQTW_600x450.jpg

https://images.craigslist.org/00L0L_gq38R1sLQmf_600x450.jpg

Sad that you have to sell such a nice bike.

I just bought an 09AE a few weeks ago. I know what you mean about the 'Titanium' showing different hues under different light.

All the best with the sale.

Nice bike with low miles and awesome additions on it! I wish I had that suspension on mine. If you lived close I'd offer good money to do a suspension swap. Very nice setup! Someone is gonna get a nice bike and save big bucks cuz it's got all the goodies already on it. I'm digging the stand. Who makes it and where could I get one? Good luck on the sale and congrats to the lucky sucker who gets this one!!

I'm digging the stand. Who makes it and where could I get one? Good luck on the sale and congrats to the lucky sucker who gets this one!!
Me too.

This would work nicely to park up and move the bike into its place.

Please share details of the stand/dolly.

Thanks for the compliments on my bike. I am surprised it hasn't been spoken for yet.

The bike trolley came from Hornig in Germany. I have the heavy load one, and the front wheel extension.

Garage Trolley Plus - BMW Motorcycle Accessory Hornig

www.motorcycleparts-hornig.com/.../Gar...

Article number 2012N: Garage Trolley 320kg. This stable trolley for your centre stand makes moving the motorcycles ...