2009 IBR drawing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats to those of you who got drawn...way to go Art & Turbo! I'm having regrets not putting my name in the hat this time around. Oh well.

I was one of the fortunate ones, after serveral attempts, looks like 2009 was my lucky year.
[SIZE=14pt]Oh, this is too excellent!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif

Completely outstanding, Dave, I am very happy for you!

I say we have "Iron Butt Dave" T-shirts made up for the forum members to buy!!!! :D

Thanks to all you really cool folks for the congrats on the luck of the draw. I want to also say a HEARTY YAHOO to the others of the forum family that have been as fortunate as I am. I also understand & share the disappointment for those that were not as lucky. All i can suggest is keep trying as I did.

I am absolutely honest in saying that LDRs & IBA are now a major part of my life today due to:

1. Being fortunate enough to be able to own an FJR and farkle it up!

2. Having attended WFOs 4/5/6 and meeting some really great and impressive riders that I want to hang out with.

3. Participating in the rallies including, CA 24, Spank, Red Hot Riders Baby Butt, LA ss1K and the upcoming 2008 WORD to name a few.

4. Being grateful for having good enough health to participate in motorcycling and learn from the many rally rider experts that I have met.

I thank each and everyone of you for the kind words.

VR

3. Participating in the rallies including, CA 24, Spank, Red Hot Riders Baby Butt, LA ss1K and [SIZE=12pt]the upcoming 2008 WORD[/SIZE] to name a few.

Oh - you are in trouble. Don't get too wound up in your IBR preparation - you may never survive [SIZE=12pt]WORD![/SIZE] (insert dastardly music...dunt dunt, daaaaaaah).

I'm telling you guys - doing recon has been tough....WORD! Recon Trip????

Last edited by a moderator:
I say we have "Iron Butt Dave" T-shirts made up for the forum members to buy!!!! :D
Sign me for one of those "Iron Butt Dave" shirts. And congrats to all those lucky enough to get drawn!

Those that didn't, I've been there and feel your pain. All I can say is don't get to discouraged, keep trying and continue riding other rallies. There are 3 very good multi-day rallies this year to choose from that are sure to challenge your skills.

And think of all the money you've just saved. While those poor fools who were drawn are traipsing around the country at the whim of the Rally Master, trying to find some obscure roadside plaque, or fighting horrendous traffic in downtown New York City, you'll be able to enjoy the comforts of home and a good nights sleep!

You can count me as one of those "poor lucky fools". :yahoo: Hope to see some of you in Tulsa.

Ooh, ooh! WC I wanna inspect this one... :yahoo: :clapping: :dribble:
dougc
Doug ol' buddy, ol' pal. Didn't realize a fellow maggot would be doing tech inspections. Should be a piece of cake right? :blink:

Doug ol' buddy, ol' pal. Didn't realize a fellow maggot would be doing tech inspections. Should be a piece of cake right? :blink:
Heh...... you're doomed, 'bro..... :D

As it happens, over half the Tech Inspection staff next year will be FJRForum members. Don't think for a second that's an advantage to you. It isn't, because that means the Inspectors know your bike as well (or better) than you....

So we are going to crawl directly up your ass with a magnifying glass and inspect individual turds.
bling_cool.gif

I was one of the fortunate ones, after serveral attempts, looks like 2009 was my lucky year. For those riders that took the dive and were not lucky enough to be picked , I know how you feel. But as they say in some groups, "Keep Coming Back!"
This man continues to remain my Hero.

Anything I can do to help, Dave, let me know. I will do whatever it takes to help you. Like you need my help.... but if you do... I am there for you.

I can hardly wait for TurboDave to seriously spank you youngsters out there..

Go Dave, Go!

Heh...... you're doomed, 'bro..... :D

As it happens, over half the Tech Inspection staff next year will be FJRForum members. Don't think for a second that's an advantage to you. It isn't, because that means the Inspectors know your bike as well (or better) than you....

So we are going to crawl directly up your ass with a magnifying glass and inspect individual turds.
bling_cool.gif
In that case, hope for diarrhea and let 'er rip.. ! Howya like me now? :unsure: :rolleyes:

Well I got lucky or unlucky depending on how you look at it and was selected.

This will be my first IBR. When I put my name in I thought I will not have a chance in he** to be selected, but now that I am I am already nervous and I have about 16 months to think about it.

Iggy I should come up to washington sometime to meet you so I could pick your, Tobies, and Lisas brains for IBR info.

Lori

BKR CHK

Well I got lucky or unlucky depending on how you look at it and was selected.This will be my first IBR. When I put my name in I thought I will not have a chance in he** to be selected, but now that I am I am already nervous and I have about 16 months to think about it.

Iggy I should come up to washington sometime to meet you so I could pick your, Tobies, and Lisas brains for IBR info.

Lori

BKR CHK
Congrats, Lori!! That's awesome! We'll have to get the Tualatin TImes to chronicle your adventure. It'll be the best piece of news they've ever written about!

Thanks to all you really cool folks for the congrats on the luck of the draw. I want to also say a HEARTY YAHOO to the others of the forum family that have been as fortunate as I am. I also understand & share the disappointment for those that were not as lucky. All i can suggest is keep trying as I did...............
Congrats Turbo! That's great!