2009 IBR drawing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The E-mail I got from Lisa suggested to wait a while before announcing that I got picked, so I am not going to say if I made it or not right now. :yahoo:
Yeah Doug!! In that case I'll defer my congratulations until after the blackout period. :clapping:

Congrats Iggy! :clapping: :clapping: Last year was my first experience at watching the IBR unfold. It was very intersting to follow and read WC's updates each day. They were fantastic to read... :clapping:

I opted not to apply this year...and I'm regretting it already. A big congratulations to all who were drawn. I'll be seeing you at the finish.

Paul Peloquin

IBA #333

Monmouth OR

Well, I am either fortunate, or unfortunate enough to be throwing my hat into the mix again. I can't wait, yet the butterflys are appearing already. I think it's worse this time around now that I actually know what I am getting myself into. Sorry for all those that tried and didn't make it. I hope your time will come.

I opted not to apply this year...and I'm regretting it already. A big congratulations to all who were drawn. I'll be seeing you at the finish.
You didn't apply you big thilly boy! What's up with that? Who the hell will I share a bed with on this next go-around? I will miss you. :wub:

Well, I am either fortunate, or unfortunate enough to be throwing my hat into the mix again. I can't wait, yet the butterflys are appearing already. I think it's worse this time around now that I actually know what I am getting myself into. Sorry for all those that tried and didn't make it. I hope your time will come.

You didn't apply you big thilly boy! What's up with that? Who the hell will I share a bed with on this next go-around? I will miss you. :wub:
Dude, you're making me blush! Besides, Iggy will be there for you. Have fun, boys!

This thread is getting a little too lovey-dovey for me boys. Whatever your 'pre-IBR' ritual was, I really don't want to know anymore than I already do. Come on Skoot, remember your Navy training... don't ask, don't tell.

I still have not received an E-mail from Lisa I am thinking mabey she is waiting to personally call me to congratulate me on getting in. :dribble:

Iggy, Congrats on getting in. I enjoyed reading about the ride last year and followed it closely. While I do several rallys each year on the east coast I'm not sure I could really do an Iron Butt. Maybe some day. Since the start is on the east coast (so I've heard) I'll be there to support you anyway I can.

Paul Peloquin

Shoot Paul - after all that effort to set up that trick audio blog of yours and work out the kinks and you are just going to forego the opportunity to really put it to use....

I thought that was one of the cooler innovations in 07 and was looking forward to more of it in 09.

I was one of the fortunate ones, after serveral attempts, looks like 2009 was my lucky year. For those riders that took the dive and were not lucky enough to be picked , I know how you feel. But as they say in some groups, "Keep Coming Back!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoot Paul - after all that effort to set up that trick audio blog of yours and work out the kinks and you are just going to forego the opportunity to really put it to use....
I thought that was one of the cooler innovations in 07 and was looking forward to more of it in 09.
Paul may have some copycats in '09. ;)

I say copycats, because nobody could be as good as the original. That's not BS, just props to the guy who did real well with it.

Since Turbo decided to out himself, I suppose I can too. Yup, I managed to get drawn for the IBR!

I hope to be one of the Paul copycats myself.

I was lucky enough to be given a second chance. I have several friends that either didn't enter or didn't get picked :-(

Since Turbo decided to out himself, I suppose I can too. Yup, I managed to get drawn for the IBR!
Ditto on the audio. I figure to try and catch Skooter I'd need to spend more time in the saddle and less time in hotel rooms text blogging....so I'm imagining a bit more audio while underway and a smattering of text.

Turbo's in? Good for you young man! ;)

And Art....what can I say? We're going to have to take Skooter out for Mexican the night before. :evil:

And Art....what can I say? We're going to have to take Skooter out for Mexican the night before. :evil:

No doubt. I'm sure we'll be able to find some Mexican restaurant near the start. I'll bring the extra seasonings for Skoots food...

I too was picked :yahoo: I'm also planning now to replace my '04 FJR with a new one. I've been riding a GS1200 in rallies but I now realize some things. I can't ride dirt any better on the damn thing. I worry about the final drive and it just don't go like the FJR.

Sorry for those not picked, but there's always the '08 Spank (7days) to wet your whistle and keep the dream alive.

tel