2009 Iron Butt Rally - Official Daily Reports

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Warchild

I would be worried very worried if I was an entrant, is the expression on your face is that one of contentment knowing you have put these poor souls through the ringer or given your experience is it that you know whats a comin'

It would have been better with the pinky at the side of the mouth, Dr Evil style.

Anyway give the FJEERs all our best,

Safe journey to them all, especially the Brit guy with the goldwing, (gotta support the old country you know)

Have a successful IB rally you guys

Dabrit

Last edited by a moderator:
And here are two bits of trivia regarding this IBR:

1) We have thirteen (13!) FJR1300's entered.

2) For the first time in recent IBR history, BMW does not the highest number of bikes entered.... that would be the Honda Gold Wing.

WOW, lots of wings. I wonder if there have been enough final drive issues to make riders think twice about BMW's in the IBR.

And thanks for the heads up on the daily reports.

WarchildI would be worried very worried if I was an entrant, is the expression on your face is that one of contentment knowing you have put these poor souls through the ringer or given your experience is it that you know whats a comin'
Heh.... it has already started. He is the vent line of Alex Harper, the guy who is riding a 1976 Suzuki Rotary RE-5..... it appears Alex has a little bit excess vent line here....

_SMH3691.jpg

WOW, lots of wings. I wonder if there have been enough final drive issues to make riders think twice about BMW's in the IBR.
Here's how whacked out this BMW final drive situation is.... we have two IBR entrants who are actually carrying an entire spare final drive assembly in their top boxes. :rolleyes:

Dale

Great picture, like TRIG said thanks for the updates.

As a couple who has trouble doing 250 miles a day, we will be watching the SPOT trackers/web site with interest, just to see where they go.

Perhaps one day .....

Regards

DB

Here's how whacked out this BMW final drive situation is.... we have two IBR entrants who are actually carrying an entire spare final drive assembly in their top boxes. :rolleyes:
Yeah, I saw warchild inspecting things today. I know one guy riding his FJR instead of his BMW due to concerns about the FD. Another I talked to is on a new (under 500 mi. Gold Wing) due to his K1200GT having cam chain problems. I sure hope the BMWs in the rally all finish without any mechanical issues. It looks like FJR central in the parking garage :yahoo:

doctorj

I don't know any of the riders, but I can feel their pain, frustration, fatigue, & occasional humiliation through these reports...

I hope everyone has a safe ride.

It is a shame BMW has allowed things to get to the state they are presently at - perception is reality...

Woo Hoo! It begins! Thanks for the front line reports WC. Along with Tom's fantastic updates, you really help us envious spectators feel like we're there.

Go FJRs!

The mileage check really isn't as bad as it reads. The roundabout is odd for this part of the nation, but it seems well marked.

Warchild. I saw you today, but you were too busy to say hi. My boy and I were checking out the farkle parade about 1-2 this afternoon. (sat.)

I talked to a few of you guys =ScooterG, Ignacio, Catfish and a couple of guys from Sumpter. Sorry I'm bad at remembering names.

Nice to meet you and hope you all kick ass this week.

I bet the boyz n' galz have already put the game face on... Saturday night, Sunday night, Monday gooooooooo

The first day of Tech Inspection is over.... several failures due to lack of documentation, dicked-up aux cell setups (venting issues, primarily), but no failures for loud exhausts or oversized fuel cells.

There has been a number of bike changes for the riders, and as it stood at 4pm EDT, we now have one more Beemer than the Hondas....

And the numbers of FJR1300 actually GREW... we are up to nineteen (19) FJR1300s!! Including one lady who is on our forum but doesn't post often, Wendy Crockett.

The Media Relations seminar was BRUTAL!!! Riders were told in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS that there will be ABSOLUTELY NO blogging, twittering, faceboooking, or any of that weird shit. Bob Higdon, Legal Counsel for the Iron Butt Association delivered a scathing rebuke to riders who are writing some complete shit on there blogs (no, none of our FJRForum guys).

More later....

Last edited by a moderator: