200ccccc Attempt-10/10ths

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Its on, I will be attempting a 200ccccc. I am planning to start the ride Saturday August 30th. I will plan the ride out this Saturday for the start time.

I am planning on a West Palm Beach start and riding directly to San Diego for the first leg. I thought about trying to string BBG attempts together,

but decided that that was to risky for the overall 200ccccc attempt. I think my strategy for this ride will be to start each leg with a BBG and rest at the coasts.

October would have been a much better time as far as temperatures, but I wanted the heat to test my resolve to see if I still have any determination

left for LD riding. I also want to stay in no more than 3 motels during the entire ride. After reaching Jacksonville and getting the final receipt, I will continue on to

Traxxion in Woodstock, GA for service on my suspension. I have tires with 5k on them now and I am hoping the rear last another 10k so I can replace it after the

10/10ths is complete. I pulled a 1/2 inch nail from the tire this past weekend but it seems to be holding air. I will be riding the '05 which is currently running like crap

(Think its pissed off for lack of riding this year) The bike should be flipping 200k on the last return leg to Jacksonville.

September is going to be a great month for riding for me! After the suspension is serviced on the '05, I will continue north to Iowa to visit family. The visit

will be broken in half with a "Mississippi Headwaters" ride attempt. (Mn to La) In Louisiana I plan on visiting a friend and do some local riding. Then Wheaton

gave me a nice route back to Iowa which should be fun. (Thanks Mark!) From Iowa to NAFO, then a hard ride home to West Palm. Return to work for a few days

then take the '08 2-up to Traxxion for suspension services and finally on to EOM.

Hoping to nail down some plans for the 200ccccc this coming Saturday.

I could use witnesses at the coast and will have the ETA(s) by Monday. I will be running SPOT and have split the rides.

The links:

SpotWalla - Trip Viewer - 200ccccc-10/10THS

SpotWalla - Trip Viewer - IOWA/LOUISIANNA/NAFO

Really looking forward to finally flipping 200k on the '05 AND taking the '08 for its first venture out of Florida.

I hope to see some of you at NAFO/EOM !!!

Good luck with the attempt - please be extra prudent with that rear and ensure that it's good to go for this endeavor.

Good luck and safe travels Tony. That is another monster ride your attempting.
punk.gif

See you at NAFO.

Good luck and safe riding ... Looks like I'll have another Spot page open for several days :D

Out of curiosity, why start from WPB instead of JAX? Apart from that's where home is.
That is a good question. I have a fire station less than a mile from me here at home and it is kind of a tradition to have them witness for me.

I will lose 4 hours on my first leg by doing it this way, but the BBG to Sonora, TX will be easier without stopping at Jacksonville Beach. I still might

stop for a receipt there as I have not decided yet. At this point I am also planning on 48 hour legs instead of the 50 hours allowed. Reason being

is a timing issue.

Have a great trip Tony.I'll have to keep an eye on your Spot and anticipate when you'll be heading up to the head waters.

C'ya at NAFO big guy.
Mike- looks like the following Monday. I am trying to arrange Derek as a start witness. That would be cool not only because he is the IBR winner, but

he is also the creator of the Headwaters ride. I wouldn't mind having other riders on that ride (Hint… hint)

Since you have me confused now, what is the projected date for the Headwaters Ride? More to the point, what are the dates you expect to be in Louisiana?

Redfish Hunter,

I got an opening at Traxxion for suspension service after the 200. So I have 8 days for the 200, day 9 travel to Woodstock, GA and continue up to Iowa for a family reunion the next weekend. So I am leaning towards a Monday start from the north end to LA.. With arrival around Tuesday the 16th. The Traxion appts are set so I will plan around them.

I may have to start work late that Monday. Like that'll break my heart.
rolleyes.gif
Starting work late? That is not gonna allow us enough time to do the ride… unless we ride real fast… REALLY FAST !!!

When you have an ETA & location for your arrival(s) in San Diego, let me know. I am at your service.
I should be able to plan this ride out Saturday. I will post up my ETA and overall plan.