200ccccc Attempt-10/10ths

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I click on the spot website, sometime I don't see anything, but I can read data on the left side of the window. Sometimes, I see the map with his bike icon on it, but only for a split second, then it goes away.
Set your browser to run in "compatibility mode"
Thank you very much! You have just taught me something very useful. Now I can quit cursing this computer.
I can't claim credit. This issue has come up before, including on my PC. I just handed on the fix that worked for me :)

A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TONY 0n the final 4th BBG!!!!! The next (200ccccc) lays at your feet for easy ( for you) taking!! Enjoy your rest ( I-10e Louisiana welcome center)

Wow. Nailing it with gusto.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well crap.

I woke up at 4:15 am. Checked the spot and saw that he was stopped near Orange, TX. Checked the forum and read:

"0400 here and traffic sucks-
What time do the bars close in Texas?
BBG #4 done (And so am I) "

Intepreted that as "I'm going to sleep for a while now". So I went back to sleep. Woke up again at 6:30 am and checked the spot. He's at Jennings, LA and rolling 82 mph. Shit - I can't get to the place I was going to meet him in time. So I made a cup of coffee and went riding on my own this morning.

I missed my chance....

Well crap.
I woke up at 4:15 am. Checked the spot and saw that he was stopped near Orange, TX. Checked the forum and read:

"0400 here and traffic sucks-

What time do the bars close in Texas?

BBG #4 done (And so am I) "

Intepreted that as "I'm going to sleep for a while now". So I went back to sleep. Woke up again at 6:30 am and checked the spot. He's at Jennings, LA and rolling 82 mph. Shit - I can't get to the place I was going to meet him in time. So I made a cup of coffee and went riding on my own this morning.

I missed my chance....
Honestly I'm not sure Tony has quite grasped the concept of "sleep" while on one of these rides.

I'm thinking that at about this stage in his ride, he's a bit pumped up to finish it off and be able to bag more sleep at the endpoint.

Looks like he's in FL now, just a few hours from JAX.

I hope the weather is as nice for him down there today as it is here in Iowa!

Finish strong!

Shane

He appears to have made it.

Very Many Congratulations on this awesome ride!

Thanks to all who followed the ride. I am back in West Palm Beach (Couldn't stay away from the wife) I need to drop the fuel cell and change fluids….

Rained the whole way south… kinda nice! Tires lasted, bike has 202k and I have promoted her from TRUE Blue to ROYAL Blue.

I will comment tomorrow on a few things. Good learning ride for me, I got the weather I needed and learned much more about hydration, equipment…

I owe many likes and will distribute them soon.

Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator: