200ccccc Attempt-10/10ths

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tires lasted I will comment tomorrow on a few things. Good learning ride for me,

learned much more about hydration, equipment…
I am looking forward to reading these in valuables... as I am still contemplating a single 50CC next spring. Some of the few things I would like to know about your ride is the equip you used, (liked -didnt like- changes- recommendations) tires you ran, avg MPG, and of course all the tips and tricks you could impart on a newbie, etc. etc etc.

And once again, congrats, well done.

Wow, cleaning up and getting ready to leave out again. Ride is sitting at just under10k right now. I will ride up to Traxxion to complete the 10/10ths.

I really learned a lot on this ride! I wanted to try some new things with equipment and such,some things worked really well and I will be changing in

the future to adjust them into the routine. Just under 10k in 8 days and I feel ready to ride some more!

The rear tire looks good for the ride to Iowa and then I will replace it:

IMG_1463_zps6084b680.jpg
[/url

https://s604.photobucket.com/user/101stpathfinder/media/IMG_1462_zpsf3018b22.jpg.html]
IMG_1462_zpsf3018b22.jpg

What a very productive ride in terms of learning. Everything I had hope for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tires lasted I will comment tomorrow on a few things. Good learning ride for me,

learned much more about hydration, equipment…
I am looking forward to reading these in valuables... as I am still contemplating a single 50CC next spring. Some of the few things I would like to know about your ride is the equip you used, (liked -didnt like- changes- recommendations) tires you ran, avg MPG, and of course all the tips and tricks you could impart on a newbie, etc. etc etc.

And once again, congrats, well done.
It took me 4 trips across, but I have some good advice for you if you would like it. I have done the 100ccc as one of my 1st LD rides.

I have the timing and stops down now and I could even create a GPX file for your GPS to guide you along. We would need to adjust

it all to your personal info (Miles per tank, breaks, motels…) I would be more than willing to help. I just don't like to plan my own rides

out (To gain "Road smarts")

A "Spring" ride would be different for sure, as in rain. I think October would be the best month for this ride. The ride seems boring,

but you can make the most of it with fun extras.

Congrats on finishing what you planned to do Tony!
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
Glad to hear you're feeling good and that the tires were not an issue. I do see a center stripe on that rear tire that makes me think it may be a bit thinner than you realize though. Keep an eye on it during the run to Iowa. Sounds like the 10/10ths is pretty much in the bag. Awesome challenge and you pulled it off. I hope what you learned from this ride helps you to stay in good shape for your next challenge.
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Tony, congrats on your ride! I am sure it was hard and fun all at the same time. Good to see your tire hold out, it should give you some confidence in it for next year.

I have to remind myself that the ride is not finished. Today 0 miles…

My 10 days for the 10/10ths ends on Tuesday at 0646. So tomorrow the ride up to Woodstock, GA to Traxxion should put me well over

the 10k mark needed. I am only 70 miles or so short right now. Oil is changed, tire stays on until Iowa, fuel cell is off and the tank bag has

become smaller.

CONGRATS Tony...WOW ...just fricken... WOW
ohno-smiley02.gif
The guy that has the same signature-line map coverage as mine,
biggrinsmiley.gif
but I wouldn't make a pimple on the riding accomplishments or endurance as this monster rider. Hope to meet ya in LaCrosse.
smilingsmiley.gif

Way to go, Tony! Absolutely a monster ride. You make it look so easy, I don't think a lot of people realize what you just accomplished. Hope to see in you while you're in IA, or at the very least, in La Crosse.

Way to go, Tony! Absolutely a monster ride. You make it look so easy, I don't think a lot of people realize what you just accomplished. Hope to see in you while you're in IA, or at the very least, in La Crosse.
I hear the "Canteen" calling our names - The pie is almost ready to come out of the oven!

The 10/10ths was finished last night in route to Traxxion for services. A Goergia state trooper was getting coffee at the end gas station and signed my paperwork. That ride was this bikes 7th 10/10th that it has carried me through.

The rear tire now has 16k. I have a new rear tire waiting for me in Iowa.

The 10/10ths was finished last night in route to Traxxion for services. A Goergia state trooper was getting coffee at the end gas station and signed my paperwork. That ride was this bikes 7th 10/10th that it has carried me through.The rear tire now has 16k. I have a new rear tire waiting for me in Iowa.
Congrats Tony, on your ride. 16k on a PR2, and you've still got to get to Iowa from Georgia...good luck. See you in La Crosse