2013 IBA Memorial Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustHoward

Reaction score
Last year’s Memorial Ride was a huge success! We had almost 200 riders participate (including riders from around the world) and admitted 45 “newbies” to the ranks of the insane. Riders enjoyed the new flexible scheduling with seventeen eligible ride dates including three weekend ride options. The personalized IBA certificates detailing each rider’s special Memorial Ride tribute made a unique and lasting memory for riders and their families.

Let’s do it again!

Building on this success, the 2013 Memorial Ride will be bigger and better:

• Eligible dates - October18 - November3 (seventeen days – 3 weekends).
• Any SS1K, BB, or BBG will qualify.
• Special certificates and patches will be issued.
• Special commendation for mentoring a “newbie”.

New for 2013:

The 2013 Memorial Ride event will feature a party and meeting of IBA members in Dallas, Texas on November 1st and 2nd. Dubbed the “Big-as-Texas Party”, complete with a barbeque dinner on Saturday night, the event will feature a special “Republic of Texas 1000” ride on Friday which will take you to some of Texas’ most famous historical sites, including The Alamo. All registered riders attending the event who complete the “Republic of Texas 1000” or who complete their own Memorial Ride-in to Dallas or any Memorial Ride during the 2013 ride window will have their certificates presented by Mr. Iron Butt himself, Mike Kneebone, on Saturday night. All ride certificates not presented in Dallas will be processed and mailed after the event.

Plan now to attend. Go to--www.ironbutt.com/texas . Either do a ride-in SaddleSore, your own locale SaddleSore, or ride the “Republic of Texas 1000”, but be sure to join us. If multiple Memorial Rides are your thing or you can’t make it to Dallas, be sure to plan your own Memorial Ride in your locale come October. Let me know if you’re planning to ride, and email me if you need additional info ⇒ Howard

I did the Memorial Ride last year, and will be doing a local in-state ride in California this year too, but won't be able to make it to Dallas -- which sounds like a lot of fun.

Brian,

Why don't you recruit a newbie to do the ride with you? It's really a lot of fun, and very satisfying, to get another rider to join us in the asylum.

Howard

Today, registrations for the

Big-As-Texas Party

hit the 100 mark! Don't be left out of this fun

event. Sign up now.

Our block of hotel rooms at a very discounted rate is going

fast. Even though it's still nine weeks before the event,

if you wait too long, you won't be able to get a room.

See ya' in Dallas.

I'm thinking of heading down. Might try to coax 1 or 2 from my area to ride along.

I have family that lives in the Dallas area, so I might spend one of the nights with them. So if I were to spend 1 night at the motel, which night would you suggest?

Big-As Texas Party and Republic of Texas 1000 Deadline Extended !!!

Great news for all you procrastinators! The demand for the IBA Big-As-Texas Party and the Republic of Texas 1000 Memorial Ride has far exceeded the capacity of our original host hotel. In order to afford as many riders and party participants as possible a chance to attend this new event, we have secured a larger hotel with better facilities and extended the deadline to register to October 10th. That gives you just one full week to get your act together and get signed up !!!

The new hotel is a luxury full service hotel, is located in Irving, TX, just three miles from our original hotel. The room rate will remain $75 per night, and includes breakfast each morning, complimentary parking and free internet. The banquet facilities will accommodate everyone currently on our waiting list and allow us to keep the registration open a bit longer. This is however, LAST CALL !!!

ACTION REQUIRED ON YOUR PART
If you have been living in a cave and don’t know what this event is all about, click on this link for more info

Big-As-Texas info

If you want to register for this event, go to

https://www.ironbuttrecords.com

Once you register, we will send you all the hotel info and special rate codes so you can get our special rate.

Please note: The hotel will only hold our special rate and our room block until October 10. After that time, the rate will jump to stratospheric levels.

SO DON'T DELAY!
NOTE: The dates and times for all activities are unchanged.

Last edited by a moderator: