2013 Iron Butt Rally - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that's Shuey. I guess his visor was up or got ripped off in the tumble. His face, as you can see, was a mess. The arms and hands were good and beat up, but he was in pretty good spirits
punk.gif
My Shoei NeoTec did it's job superbly and nothing from the road got through to rough up my face. I attribute that damage to the roll-down sun visor. Helmet rocked forward and the sunglasses raked a layer of skin off my nose and tops of my cheeks. It looked scary at the finishers banquet, but those scabs were gone within 6 days.

I really enjoyed reliving the rally, specially the last few days that I missed, through all your comments. Great job all! Thanks.

Shuey
I would say your helmet was sized too big for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say your helmet was sized too big for you.

No . . . I don't think so. Having been in other "accidents" I'm pretty solid about a very snug fit on my helmet to the point of being mildly uncomfortable until my face adjusts and conforms to the helmet on long rides.

If unfortunate circumstances come your way, you'll be amazed at how much room there is in a "snug fit" helmet as it bounces along the gravel.

Shuey

Welcome to the forum Shuey!Any chance we can get you on an FJR for the next big dance?
I am taking a serious look at the 2013 Gen III FJR as my next bike. My biggest problem is finding one to sit on. I've got a few weeks of healing yet to finish, so there's time and I'm ready to travel.

As to riding whatever I get in another IBR . . . odds are not in favor of another run. I'd peg it at about 8:1 against.

Shuey

I am taking a serious look at the 2013 Gen III FJR as my next bike. My biggest problem is finding one to sit on. I've got a few weeks of healing yet to finish, so there's time and I'm ready to travel
I'm pretty sure the ergos are the same as a Gen2. That will broaden the search for one to sit on.

Status
Not open for further replies.