2013 Iron Butt Rally - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iron Bionic Pelvis does have a nice ring to it.
punk.gif

Anyone here going to the start?

I'm heading up Friday; stopping for an overnight with a friend in WV, then to the hotel Saturday. I'll be heading back home Monday after the rally riders have left.

I know that Lisa is a real sweetie, and would never do anything to the riders that would cause hair-pulling, teeth gnashing, hemorrhoid popping or any other signs of anguish, but...

If I were a betting man, I would put my money on Gettysburg, PA being one of the bonuses. With a window that coincides with the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg celebration. I mean, with 20,000 re-enactors, and 50,000 spectators, what could be more natural than to have to walk around the battlefield park in an Aerostich looking for a plaque?

Good luck to all the riders. Especially the ferriners.

Looking forward to following the Rally again.

Good luck to all for a safe and successful ride!!

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that Lisa is a real sweetie, and would never do anything to the riders that would cause hair-pulling, teeth gnashing, hemorrhoid popping or any other signs of anguish, but...If I were a betting man, I would put my money on Gettysburg, PA being one of the bonuses. With a window that coincides with the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg celebration. I mean, with 20,000 re-enactors, and 50,000 spectators, what could be more natural than to have to walk around the battlefield park in an Aerostich looking for a plaque?

Good luck to all the riders. Especially the ferriners.
Yay! This is the kind of speculation I like to read about.
biggrin.png

For those who ask why these guys have multiple GPS's, just ask FazerPhillip. Rally hasn't even started and he's lost one already.
biggrin.png
Love ya Phil!

Damn It!

The CBA Prez did NOT get an invitation to the Party!

Where is the :wub: ?

Good Luck to all IBR riders and Safe Rides above all - May you not ride faster than your
angel.gif
can fly.

Love the Iggy graphic...but don't count out Wendy Crockett. And Paul Peloquin - my favorite dark horse.
+1 - While I'd like to see all of them on the podium, it would be awesome to have a ladies name on the sign
smile.png
I like that idea! Rusty, Paul Peloquin, and myself are in Newton, Iowa bedding down for the night...drinking several Fat Tires. We have 725 miles tomorrow and expect and evening arrival. We've averaged 11.6 MPG in the turbo diesel Chevy and drank $580 worth of dead dinosaurs.

Rusty and I have driven so far, but we're going to make Paul navigate Chicago.
wink.png

We think we're behind eeksnake.

Here's wishing everyone a safe, fun adventure. <daydreaming my way across the continent...>

Arrived yesterday at the start hotel in Pitt. Got to hang out last night with riders from England, Australia, Germany, Canada (The Eh? Team) and of course my American friends. Everyone is anxious to start but are enjoying the time to visit and get some last minute things sorted out before the weekend. The atmosphere was relaxed but that will change over the coming hours. Weather wise.......It is pouring rain outside this morning so the riders arriving today are going to get a bit wet.

I'm heading up Friday; stopping for an overnight with a friend in WV, then to the hotel Saturday. I'll be heading back home Monday after the rally riders have left.
Jim, This is one start that I don't want to miss I will be leaving out around noon today...

...I am even hoping to make the finish on the 12th!
bye.gif

Jim, This is one start that I don't want to miss I will be leaving out around noon today...

bye.gif
Maybe you could help GAR get going. Looks like he needs a push.
biggrin.png

bye.gif
Maybe you could help GAR get going. Looks like he needs a push.
biggrin.png
I spoke with "GAR" yesterday, he needs no push at all. He is a vet and will be a contender. And he will be well in front of me by the time I leave. I wanted to ride with him,but our plans were

different and there will be no catching him now.
smile.png

Arrived yesterday at the start hotel in Pitt. Got to hang out last night with riders from England, Australia, Germany, Canada (The Eh? Team) and of course my American friends. Everyone is anxious to start but are enjoying the time to visit and get some last minute things sorted out before the weekend. The atmosphere was relaxed but that will change over the coming hours. Weather wise.......It is pouring rain outside this morning so the riders arriving today are going to get a bit wet.
Safe ride Perry, finish m'kay! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.