2013 Iron Butt Rally - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke with "GAR" yesterday, he needs no push at all. He is a vet and will be a contender. And he will be well in front of me by the time I leave. I wanted to ride with him,but our plans were different and there will be no catching him now.
smile.png
Ahh, there he goes. Now he's on the move. Had to reread your post a few times. We had to take our dog to the vet yesterday so I was like "What the heck does being a vet have to do with anything?"
biggrin.png

Looking forward to reports and pictures from the start.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the Iggy graphic...but don't count out Wendy Crockett. And Paul Peloquin - my favorite dark horse.
+1 - While I'd like to see all of them on the podium, it would be awesome to have a ladies name on the sign
smile.png
I like that idea! Rusty, Paul Peloquin, and myself are in Newton, Iowa bedding down for the night...drinking several Fat Tires. We have 725 miles tomorrow and expect and evening arrival. We've averaged 11.6 MPG in the turbo diesel Chevy and drank $580 worth of dead dinosaurs.

Rusty and I have driven so far, but we're going to make Paul navigate Chicago.
wink.png

We think we're behind eeksnake.
11.6 MPG? That's worst than *riding* all three bikes :lol: . Of course, the truck won't need a tire change in Pittsburgh. And don't let Paul drive, or you'll be stopping at every Dutch Bros. along the way.

Getting ready to hit the road for the Start Line here in a few hours.... first, a 300 mile ride to the airport, then a 3000 mile red-eye throughout the night, to arrive in Cranberry by around this time tomorrow.... fucking sweet flight times....
rolleyes.gif

I spoke with "GAR" yesterday, he needs no push at all. He is a vet and will be a contender. And he will be well in front of me by the time I leave. I wanted to ride with him,but our plans were different and there will be no catching him now.
smile.png
Now, if only I could figure out who owns the spot tag "101" headed up from Florida trailing behind GAR.
biggrin.png

So where can one go to see the list of participants? I'd like to take a stab at predicting the top ten.

BTW...what is the exact count of our fellow forumites in it?

101st

stryg8r

TriggerT

Karstenp

Bionic Pelvis

Mountain

Ignacio

BIODSL

kevinw (hang that lucky rabbits foot on the final drive)

Specter

RidingGuy

Colin24

who am I forgetting? Anyone else?

The FJRforum is represented well this year. Have a great rally folks!

Last edited by a moderator:
The daily reports will likely have a list of riders. I believe the list came out on the day -2 report in 2011.

Thanks.
So there's no published list beforehand?
No. I'm in it, here, and don't know the final start list. Even riders won't know until that riders meeting Sunday night. I see about 4 or 5 other FJRs in the parking lot tonight besides mine and BIODSL's. Three Teneres so far too.

Don't know if I want the "Inside View" from any butt - even an iron one. However, I will be watching this thread with awe and admiration for those with the fortitude to complete this endurance run! Good luck to the participants.

I have not from TriggerT in a long, long, long time...I hope he is psyched and ready to rock and roll.
He's doing well. There were a couple of emails back and forth. He's borrowing my GPS as a spare. Said he could wipe it clean if necessary but he thinks it'll just ride all over the country in a case.

Fingers crossed, voodoo exercised, prayers sent, rabbit's foot secured.. Safe ride kids...

Many, many FJRs here!Wendy was the first rider I saw!

Everyone seems to know what they are doing

with the exception being me.
Nice ride to the gate Tony.

Just so everyone knows, I'm not taking any bets. Hope you all have a good ride and a great finish, and come home safe.

I have not from TriggerT in a long, long, long time...I hope he is psyched and ready to rock and roll.
He's doing well. There were a couple of emails back and forth. He's borrowing my GPS as a spare. Said he could wipe it clean if necessary but he thinks it'll just ride all over the country in a case.
Geez - how many spares does he need?? He borrowed my 2610 as a spare also!!

Geez - how many spares does he need?? He borrowed my 2610 as a spare also!!
Can never have too many? I would have loaned him my old 2610 but I sold it.

My guess is he forgot to pack shorts....

Status
Not open for further replies.