2013 Tripmeter reset

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim oneill

triplex
Reaction score
I find that sometimes (not always) when I push the button to reset the tripmeter to 0 that it does not reset. I then start over and usually after several attempts it will reset to zero

does anyone else notice this? Am I missing something? I hold the button down but sometimes it doesn,t reset?

Push the reset rapidly a couple of times; this should cause the resettable field to begin flashing. Then push and hold the reset button until the field zeros.

Make sure that the trip odo you want to reset is being displayed. Press reset very briefly. The first resettable field that is actually on the display will blink. Press and hold reset again until that field resets to zero. If there are multiple resettable fields and you want to not reset the first one, you toggle down to the one you want to reset before the sustained press of reset.

Mine was cranky for the first few fill ups. Now it's good. I think it was just stiff from the factory.

I did find that one quick firm jab it works. Holding it for longer seems to make it think you've pressed it twice or something. I think the engineers call that de-bounce time or something.