2013 Valve cover ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Krusen

Reaction score
I am doing a valve check on my 2013 with 27000 miles. Valves check out in spec.

On my bike the throttle cables are on the right side which makes it very hard to get the valve cover on and off. Is there a trick to getting the cover back on?

Thanks,

Get rid of the PAIR system while you are in there...makes for a much tidier and accessible engine bay with all that tubing removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
On a Gen I you can actually and very easily remove the throttle wires from the throttle itself. That gives you a nice and clean access. The real kicker is to also remove the radiator so you can actually remove the black plastic shield and look at the engine from the front. It is only three bolts!

IMG_20150314_201111.jpg

20150314_104251.jpg

Thanks guys,

Removing the cables from the throttle looks like the thing to do. I was just looking at the wrong end of the puzzle. Having my wiring harnesses on that side of the motor does not help matters either. But at least there is enough slack to work around them.

Pair has already been removed.

Ed

Thanks for the help guys.

My bike is back on the road. Throttle cables had to be pulled all the way out to make enough room for the valve cover. No problem after that.

Valves were all within specs at 27,650 miles. Spark plugs, coolant, tires and air filter were also installed.

Exhaust valves are .009, .009, .009, .009, .009, .009, .009, .008

Intake valves .007, .007, .007, .007, .007, .007, .008, .007