2014 CFR Website

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KJ, buy some C$ now as the exchange rate has climbed up to $1.096 in the last few weeks. Don't see that going too far astray of that (higher), so buy now, pay later when it's lower. Of course, Bank of Rayzerman accepts US$ at par.
I will actually take this tip, thanks Ray!

I think you will find those (red rock) scenes on Hwy 431 out to Trout River. That particular side trip is highly recommended!

Any thoughts on taking the 'other' ferry to Placentia/St Johns-area and staying on that side of the rock a couple of days before heading west over to deer lake?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Argentia ferry (Placentia Bay) is about 90 minutes from St. John's (most direct route). This ferry has less frequent sailings and you may have to make reservations much further in advance; especially if you want a cabin. Quite a bit more expensive and a much longer crossing. (I have done it once.)

Nice ride from the ferry to St. John's via the Irish Loop (lower east lobe of the Avalon Peninsula). Lots to see in the St. John's area and a couple of worthwhile side trips on the way over to Deer Lake. All depends on how much time you have and what you want to see. I can provide some suggestions if you want to explore the Eastern part of Newfoundland.

You don't miss much.
smile.png
I'm already in it through www.rideatlantic.ca

Canadian FJR

Canadian FJR and RossKean, as Co-Rallymaster of the Western FJR Riders Rendezvous in Reno I am putting together Google maps of all of the Nevada Whorehouses for the Forum participants. Will you two be doing the same for Newfoundland? Inquiring minds want to know! jes' sayin' and nuff said, eh!

Canadian FJR and RossKean, as Co-Rallymaster of the Western FJR Riders Rendezvous in Reno I am putting together Google maps of all of the Nevada Whorehouses for the Forum participants. Will you two be doing the same for Newfoundland? Inquiring minds want to know! jes' sayin' and nuff said, eh!
We better just hope for some gps ride routes posted. Oh, paved ones would be nice also; for us non-dualers.

Don't worry Don, we'll find some Ho's for ya. We just might have to buy them a lot of drinks... you know the ole "drink till he's cute!" dealio?

...thinking...

I thought u were bringing Donna? My bad, I forgot... the kinky Crossing-da-north-border and gett'n sum Threesome stuff in
smile.png
huh?

-KJ

Miss Donna and Papa Chuy are still looking forward to CFR in Newfoundland, but we are very concerned regarding reports of violent Banditos operating in the Deer Lake and Trout River regions. Have the RCMP had any success in capturing "El Valiente", the notorious Polish-Mexican Bandito that has been terrorizing the local populace eh! jes' sayin' and nuff said, es Verdad ese!

Miss Donna and Papa Chuy are still looking forward to CFR in Newfoundland, but we are very concerned regarding reports of violent Banditos operating in the Deer Lake and Trout River regions. Have the RCMP had any success in capturing "El Valiente", the notorious Polish-Mexican Bandito that has been terrorizing the local populace eh! jes' sayin' and nuff said, es Verdad ese!
Okay, Don.

THAT is some scary shit.

It was frightening enough that I'd have to ride through New Brunswick to get there, ...and now this?

Out.

(He looks like he might be a Leafs fan. Maybe?)