2015 Black Hills FJR Roundup 25-28 June 2015

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'll be packing the bike up today and plan on leaving the Denver area tomorrow morning. I know a 400 mile ride is just a lunch-run for a lot of you guys but this will be my longest ride on the FJR so far. As a matter of fact it will be my longest ride in 20 years. To say I'm a bit nervous is an understatement. That being said, my plans after Spearfish are to ride up into MT then down through WY into ID and then down through UT into Southern CO, then home. I might be a bit ambitious with my plans, but fortunately the plans are very fluid. Other than being back to work by the 6th, nothing is set in stone.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all and I wish everyone safe travels!

Burns1

Our little tribe made it to Burlington, IA for lunch. On our way to spend the night in West Point, NE.

In Wright WY. Wonderful ride. Found fort Fedderman. Spent two hours there. Ran into a rainstorm complete with lightning and thunder and wet stuff. It was wonderful.

Departing tomorrow from west Montana.

If people are looking for something to see, then the US Sidecar Assoc. is holding a rally in Sturgis at the Elk View Campground. They have Bluegrass bands Friday and Saturday nites. Also the Blackhills Camero show is in Sturgis and the Scooter Tramps are around somewhere too.

The Metallic Monster is locked and loaded for a 5:30am departure Thursday morning...look forward to seeing some of you on the road and all of you at the hotel upon arrival...I expect the Spotwalla page to begin lighting up early tomorrow morning as the bulk of the crew makes their way to the Black Hills...current weather report is rain for tomorrow then sun and clear for the rest of the weekend...I hope I can ride between the clouds...
crazy.gif

VMaxChuck (FJRChuck on the other forum) and Greg just arrived from Michigan (via trailer) on Sunday, just returning from a 3 day adventure in Western Wyoming taking in Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. We rode today from Cody to Red Lodge and then here to Spearfish!
bike.gif

And thanks for the welcome packet Big John. Looking forward to meeting in person!

Sitting under the roof at the hotel waiting on a small rain shower to pass before heading out for the day.

Wright, WY. Massive thunderstorm last night. Huge lightening bolts. Lit up entire room. Very little sleep. At a small cafe having breakfast waiting for rain to clear. Then on to Spearfish. Yamafitter, the big cell headed your way now.....

Sent from my iPad

Sitting under the roof at the hotel waiting on a small rain shower to pass before heading out for the day.
Freaking Canuckistanis, they have to bring their crappy Frostback weather with them wherever they go. Have been riding a moto on the Baja California Peninsula for five decades, have only seen a thimbleful of rain. Ride with Maria Elena - MEM to Cabo San Lucas and it rains heavy for three straight days! Ai, Caramba.

Billy Fitz goes with my best riding Buddy Brian "El Jefe" Boles to Mexico and yamafitter drags that "Ontario Sunshine" with him every damn day of that ride ese!