2015 Black Hills FJR Roundup 25-28 June 2015

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stopped in Merriman to get gas and out of the rain for a while. Did you know there really isn't anywhere to eat in US-20 between Atkinson and Chandron!? Grabbing some lunch then need to decide if we are riding curvy roads via 16A and hope roads are dry or slab up to Bell's....

Finally made it to the AllStar after dodging tornado warnings outside of Lusk. Unfortunately I didn't dodge the hail. That shit hurt! Rode in rain the last couple of hours. Guess that what's makes it an adventure, right? Drying out now. Any sort of a meeting spot at any watering-holes here in town? For now or later?

Burns1

Sitting under the roof at the hotel waiting on a small rain shower to pass before heading out for the day.
Freaking Canuckistanis, they have to bring their crappy Frostback weather with them wherever they go. Have been riding a moto on the Baja California Peninsula for five decades, have only seen a thimbleful of rain. Ride with Maria Elena - MEM to Cabo San Lucas and it rains heavy for three straight days! Ai, Caramba.

Billy Fitz goes with my best riding Buddy Brian "El Jefe" Boles to Mexico and yamafitter drags that "Ontario Sunshine" with him every damn day of that ride ese!
And to think I shared the DR 650 will Yamafitter in Mexico after his bike dropped a valve. Do I get and award for my uber generosity?

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally made it to the AllStar after dodging tornado warnings outside of Lusk. Unfortunately I didn't dodge the hail. That shit hurt! Rode in rain the last couple of hours. Guess that what's makes it an adventure, right? Drying out now. Any sort of a meeting spot at any watering-holes here in town? For now or later?
Burns1
Most of the folks are kicking tires up at the Bell Motor Lodge.

44 Folks have signed in so far!

Only a few stragglers remain MIA

The group is great, the weather has cleared, the rides leave in the morning around 0830 from Bell's Motor Lodge.

I'll see anybody that wants Coffee at Common Grounds about 0730.

Thanks for coming folks, and thanks to all who thanked me for putting this together, really a treat to see so many FJR's in one p[lace and to hear so many lies in one parking lot!

I wanted to thank Don Stanley for letting me take his room here in Spearfish... I understand why Don specifically reserved this room... I has the largest pakking spot in the motel.so if your bike falls over, you won't hit anyone ... Additionally the room is handicapped accessable.......Miss you Old Man.... Wish you were here!

Has anyone got a photograph yet of our yamafitter stuffing a buffalo burger in to his monstrous mug yet? In my travels around North America with Billy Fitz I have pics of him eating carne asado tacos, poutine on french fries, Rouladen en Deutschland, lasagna in Italy, sloppy joes in Moab UT, salmon burgers in British Columbia; etc., etceteras.

Someone please buy the Giant Hoser a buffalo burger and get a photo of him eating it, to round out my collection of yamafitter eating his way around the world! JSNS, Glutton!

DSC_4200%201024x768_zpskpbbv61k.jpg

10 FJRs, a Triumph and one Harley all enjoying lunch at the Cowboy Cafe in Custer after riding Boulder Canyon, Vanocker Canyon, Old Hill City Road, Iron Mountain Road. Needles Highway, MT Rushmore, a few in named roads followed by Spearfish Canyon before we return to Rally HQ for more beer and lies.

All you knuckleheads in Spearfish are missing out by not coming to the Bluegrass Festival in Sturgis. Elk View Campground, exit 37, I-90.

Until 10:30 tonite. Saturday at 1:30 and 6:30-10:30.

Most epic non-cba 300 mile today chasing the Billie from Canukistan..... and i got the pix to prove it.

Sorry BeemerD, I'll try to get a pix of the Billie stuffing the Niehart hole with food 2morrow!

I rode to Spearfish today and up to Cheyenne Crossing. Not a single FJR to be seen. I think this Blackhills round up is a scam.

I rode to Spearfish today and up to Cheyenne Crossing. Not a single FJR to be seen. I think this Blackhills round up is a scam.
We rode through Cheyenne Crossing and didn't see you out any other FJRs all day!

We rode through Cheyenne Crossing and didn't see you out any other FJRs all day!
My riding buddy Greg and I rode thru there twice today.....this morning around 9:30 and back thru this afternoon around 4PM. We stopped in at the joint on the corner on our 4PM run and drank a beverage before coming back up the canyon......

Most epic non-cba 300 mile today chasing the Billie from Canukistan..... and i got the pix to prove it.
Sorry BeemerD, I'll try to get a pix of the Billie stuffing the Niehart hole with food 2morrow!
Yep Bill is a very good rider. Looking forward to the pics.

10 FJRs, a Triumph and one Harley all enjoying lunch at the Cowboy Cafe in Custer after riding Boulder Canyon, Vanocker Canyon, Old Hill City Road, Iron Mountain Road. Needles Highway, MT Rushmore, a few in named roads followed by Spearfish Canyon before we return to Rally HQ for more beer and lies.
pics or it didn't happen

9 FJRs, a Triumph, one Harley and a fast broad on a CanAm Spyder all enjoying lunch at the Cowboy Cafe in Custer after riding Boulder Canyon, Vanocker Canyon, Old Hill City Road, Iron Mountain Road. Needles Highway, MT Rushmore, a few in named roads followed by Spearfish Canyon before we return to Rally HQ for more beer and lies.
there fixed it!