2015 FJR Details?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bo-ring!

sleepysmileyanim.gif

But that is in Europe. Other countries often get different paint colors than the US. 2014's in Canada were either black for the ES or some root beer brown color for the "A"

I guess the one thing that this does show is that there will be no big changes to the bike from 2014, which was fairly predictable.

Last edited by a moderator:
The new FZ-09 is a reddish yellow. I also noticed this morning that the prices are going up quite a bit on all models.

Dave

As posted by me in that 'stopped by the dealer' topic:

So, is 'Tech Graphite' the same as the 'Metallic Black SMX' my Canadian ES is? I DO note that they've done the 'all parts are the same colour' scheme that Canada did this year (the grab rail was silver in EU last year IIRC).

Edit:

Well, I went over to the EU web site and yes, the grab rail for 2014 was silver and the tank skirt was body coloured. And one of the colours was 'tech graphite'!!

That would seem to imply that the ONLY change for the EU for 2015 is that they painted the grab rail black.

So, 2015 euro bikes will only visibly differ from 2014 Canadian models by their lack of side reflectors on the bike and side cases.

Agreed. It is more of a dark gray metallic.

2015-Yamaha-FJR1300AS-EU-Tech-Graphite-Studio-002.jpg

That color has been used quite a bit on the scooters. ;)

bike.gif

Does no changes this year mean big changes next year??? Serious question

How about starting a 2016 FJR Thread with rumors?? NOT a Serious Question.

Agreed. It is more of a dark gray metallic.
2015-Yamaha-FJR1300AS-EU-Tech-Graphite-Studio-002.jpg
I'd have to see it in person but I like it. It's understated. Subtle. I like subtle.

Besides, it would go well with my sliders.
tongue.png

It's not a B&W photo (look at the tail light). The bike is black and white (gray).

I linked the photo off the 2014 Yamaha UK web site, off the same page as the one below, formally known as magnetic bronze, but looks like turd brown to me:

2014-Yamaha-FJR1300AE-EU-Magnetic-Bronze-Studio-002.jpg

I guess you could say that one isn't color either. More of a sepia tone photo.

As for understated colors, life is too short for boring colored bikes!

Of course this is coming from a guy that went from Bass Bote Blue to Bass Bote Red!

Totally agree Howie, they did a shit job with lighting and the photo shoot...

Looks like they changed the tank strap accents in front of the seat, from silver to black, as well as the silver on the side fairing looking at those two pics shown above.

... known as magnetic bronze, but looks like turd brown to me...
And goes like shit off a shovel :) .

As usual with these colours, it looks much nicer in the flesh than in a picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.