2015 Iron Butt Rally

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Do you want it before or after scoring DaJuice?
Give it to him before....... I will take mine after
smile.png

Oh snap! Mike can I get in on this pre-ordering, or is this only available to Team Strange riders?

I tell you this... In '13 I was so concerned with points and getting a finisher status for that 3 digit, that I forgot to have fun.

I think this year will be a reversal- I will have fun, but fail at getting the points. No worries though as my wife and sister will be waiting for me at the finish to share the moments! A totally different feeling than '13 (!)

I would like to follow the IBR this year. What is the best site(s) to follow along with rider progress?

Thanks in advance.

This one!!! Look for a new thread in this area soon I'm sure.
The official IBA page for the 2015 rally is here:

https://ironbuttrally.com/IBR/2015.cfm

They will post all the official daily reports there, you can get the rally packets used after the leg is complete and you'll be able to see the spot tracker links.
Where does one find information about the rally- like where and when it starts and finishes, and where the checkpoints are ? I have been on the IBR website, and if it is on there, it is well hidden.

Where does one find information about the rally- like where and when it starts and finishes, and where the checkpoints are ? I have been on the IBR website, and if it is on there, it is well hidden.
I don't know that it is published on any specific page, but here is the answer to your question:

The rally is divided into three legs:

- The first leg starts in Albuquerque at 10 am on June 29th, and finishes in Albuquerque the evening of July 2nd.
- The second leg starts in Albuquerque the morning of July 3rd, and finishes in Kingsport, TN the evening of July 5th.
- The third and final leg starts in Kingsport, TN the morning of July 6th and finishes back in Albuquerque the morning of July 10th.

All Albuquerque locations are at the Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
Kingsport, TN location is at the MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center

I don't know that it is published on any specific page, but here is the answer to your question:

The rally is divided into three legs:

- The first leg starts in Albuquerque at 10 am on June 29th, and finishes in Albuquerque the evening of July 2nd.
- The second leg starts in Albuquerque the morning of July 3rd, and finishes in Kingsport, TN the evening of July 5th.
- The third and final leg starts in Kingsport, TN the morning of July 6th and finishes back in Albuquerque the morning of July 10th.

All Albuquerque locations are at the Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
Kingsport, TN location is at the MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center
Thanks for the info- I was hoping to catch one of the starts somewhere but it will not fit with my work schedule. Guess I'll just have to follow it on the internet this year . . .

Too bad- Kingsport TN would have been a nice ride.

Thanks for the info, RFlagg42. I'll be riding to Kingsport to get an eyeful.

Good luck to all IBR entrants; better luck to all FJR riders; but best of luck to FJR Forum members.

I'll be at the Tennessee checkpoint if anyone needs something.

One of these years there has to be a Honda CBX 1000.I believe that the legendary Ross Copas rode one way back when.

Canadian FJR
Had one of those. Would love to have another one some day.

But it would a crime to frankenstien it to run the IBR.

Would be interesting though.

Status
Not open for further replies.