2015 MotoGP

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MM tried to push Rossi wide in one of the last corners (punk ass kid likes to do this) but Rossi was ahead, on his line and would not give in. Marc almost lost his bike and Rossi had to cut the corner through the gravel trap but kept the bike upright and won the race. The old man schooled the kid, Yahoo!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hci4Zp636SI

I am absolutely convinced that Rossi saw the dirt track long before he needed to take it, then on the final lap Magic Marc was committed to the turn and Rossi rode straight.

You cannot put an old head on young shoulders.

I still like Magic Marc heaps, I believe he will just get better and better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, mainly because he has that wiley coyote, aka "The Doctor", teaching him every trick he knows. Rossi is a very smart and calculated rider.

Thanks a ton for posting that clip Doug. Freaking amazing.

The MM era of total domination will come soon enough, so it would be nice to see Rossi bag one more championship.

Rossi definitely had the escape route all figured out. Just glad Marquez didn't take them both out. Marquez had a great save too. Looks like he lost the front twice and saved it.

Great race and the right person won the race this time.

I watched the race today and am really glad I didn't know how it ended. When Marquez passed Rossi I thought it was over and was amazed that Rossi could fight back. I guess I've just grown accustomed to Marquez just getting in the lead and running away.

That's funny, because while watching the race with my wife, I mentioned that if Marquez got by Rossi, he would leave him. Rossi had that bike perfectly tuned, as he was on a soft front, and Marquez was on a medium front. I thought that would be in Marquez's favor the last 10 laps.

I've been a Rossi fan for years and a Yamaha fan for longer. I'm not the excitable sort, but I gotta admit I came out of my chair when Rossi passed him back. Heck! I'm still excited.
flirt.gif

Three years ago Rossi was viewed by many as the past great champion that stayed around too long. Now, he looks like he has a few years of being competitive at the top level left in him. I think Marquez is a phenominal talent and may have ten championships in him. He has been quick to bull into other riders and it was good to see him come out on the wrong side of that contact. Not saying he rides dirty, just that he is very aggressive and it is good to see him get as good as he gives. This has been a humbling year for MM so far, and I think it will make him tougher in the future. I'm not writing him off from winning the championship this year yet, either. He has it in him to run off 6-7 straight wins, and reverting to his 2014 bike may be what it takes for him to do so. Stand-by for some more great races.

There is a good article about the finish over on MotoGP.com. It is good because the author tends to hold the same view of Marquez as I do
rolleyes.gif
. Title is, "#RossiVsMarquez: The Storm", by Matthew Birt. Evidently Marquez has been whining a bit about the finish, but quoting Mr. Birt, "For want of a better phrase, he got his Assen kicked. Next time around, the boot might be on the other foot. This time though, The Doctor gave him a taste of his own medicine."

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/06/30/rossivsmarquez-the-storm/179208

I have watched that "racing incident" over and over. It's really hard to tell what each riders intentions were. Watching Live I thought Marc tried to drive Rossi wide. If you watch a replay it's not so clear, at least to me. Marc was on the very inside of the track and didn't go wide until contact was made with Rossi. Really a case could be made Rossi squeezed him a bit.

Honestly I think both were just racing hard trying to take a good line. Contact was made and it was a racing incident. Rossi came out on top this time.

The Moto 2&3 last weekend was really fun to watch, with Moto3 being insane to watch! If you missed it, it's most definitely worth seeing!

Wow, Dani is making Marc look bad. To be honest with the way things looked earlier in the year I was thinking Padrosa was finished in Moto GP. No more arm pump, eh?

As a Rossi fan all I can say is ....whew, that was close. Great race indeed.

Wow, Dani is making Marc look bad. To be honest with the way things looked earlier in the year I was thinking Padrosa was finished in Moto GP. No more arm pump, eh?
As a Rossi fan all I can say is ....whew, that was close. Great race indeed.
I believe Marc has a broken bone in his hand right now.

Wow! Now that was a race!

I'm really impressed with the job Iannone did...and that's after killing a bird with his face. That fast track was made for his Ducati, but he still had to work hard and made a lot of great passes.