2016 MotoGP on US TV

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given the lack of US riders to draw fans in, it appears that Dorna doesn't give a damn about exposure in the States.
"F" them...I say boycott MotoGP in this country. Only problem is that the MotoAmerica Series (plenty of american riders) ain't on TV either...WTF?

Last edited by a moderator:
I love MotoGP. For the last couple of years I have recorded every race and watch them on a Friday or

Saturday evening. I don't really mind the lack of coverage in America. That meant no spoilers for me.

I didn't have to worry about the news telling me the winner of the race. None of my family or

co-workers followed it.

Well....then DirectTV dropped it. Well put it in a package you have to pay extra for. I already pay

directtv enough. So I am not getting the package.

However, I did get the motogp videopass. It's pretty expensive, but I am going to try it for a year.

I don't have any other sports packages and don't do pay for view so whatever.

The nice thing is they have a "no spoiler" link to the videos. You just bookmark that and go straight

to the videos. Then you can watch Free Practice, Qualifying and the race. Lots more coverage then

you get on TV.

Now I just have to fight with my internet company cause my connection is so slow. Videos are not

streaming that well.

Because --- we really enjoy the MotoGP series and always have. We threw caution to the wind and are spending the extra $30 per month to get the U-Verse top tier of U-450. Looked into VideoPass, etc, but decided we wanted to watch on a big screen in HD.

We'll now have even more crap we'll never watch
rolleyes.gif
, but we now get BeINSports channel
punk.gif
smile.png
.. MotoGP, Superbike ... soccer ... I'm happy
smile.png

Fubo worked out very nicely. 10 bucks a month for Bein. I was unable to sign in with 2 smart tvs so had to watch on the pc. My phone screen was to small.

Wasn't Qatar just magic.
Regards

Gazza
Now that's just cruel Gazza .. LOL

We missed the Qatar race cause I was still dicking around with Videopass and Fubo research, etc ..
not_i.gif

Deb recorded the race highlights last night though - we get to watch how Rossi came 4th today.

I decided to add Bein Sports to my cable package over Videopass because of the WSBK and rallycross coverage along with MotoGP. The picture quality from Qatar was excellent on my big Sony and the coverage was very good. Enjoyed the racing immensely. Watched Supercross from Detroit on Fox Sports Racing (Canada) Saturday night and then MotoGP on Bein Sports the next day. It was a good weekend to be a couch potato.

jorge-lorenzo-leads-andrea-dovizioso-at-the-motogp-of-qatar-2016.jpg

I was beginning to think I made a mistake with the motogp video pass. I live in a small town without a

very good option for internet. We have in the area ATT and Xfinity both are slow and unreliable in this area.

I try my wife's new lap top both wireless and hard wired. The videos pause and look grainy. I try it on

my little android tablet and the same thing.

I dig the old lap top out and go out on my patio.

THE VIDEOS PLAY PERFECT!!!

Great race, plus I love all the extra set up you get with the video pass. I watch some free practice

qualifying.

Next race will be better. I have "No spoilers" page bookmarked. So the race ending will actually be

a surprise.

I'll tell you what I do like about the switch to BeIn....no commercials!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I'll tell you what I do like about the switch to BeIn....no commercials!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
Isn't that great. I have both Fox Racing and BeIN Sports in my cable package. PVR'ed Race 1 of WSBK and the Supercross on Saturday and then binge watched those two races plus World Super Sport, Race 2 WSBK, Moto 3, Moto 2 and MotoGP. It was a very entertaining day.

I signed up for FuboTV yesterday after getting confirmation that besides 20+ hours of soccer a day, you can get reruns of MotoGP and WSBK on the beIN Sports English channel. As soon as i started my $10/month subscription, I tuned in and lo and behold, there was the last 8 laps of the Argentina GP race streaming on my tablet! Great finish actually for those who haven't seen it. And it looks like reruns of all three classes will be available at least a few times this week. If i can figure out the goll-durned DVR function so I can record and watch at my own leisure I might end up being a very satisfied customer.

And if it doesn't work that great I'll cancel it and only be out $10 - not bad...

fool.gif
just keep rubbing it in, guys!
Can't you get dish tv?
Yep, I had DirecTV, DISH is available but I switched to Comcast. I know....I can hear the groans. I was paying Comcast $70/month for broadband and $135 for DirecTV. I switched to Comcast for my TV and now $98. So I'm saving $100/month. I can get BEinsports if I upgrade to a higher package through Comcast but it defeats the purpose for switching. Guess it's my way of protesting MotoGP not being on a standard sports network. To be honest, once the temps are up I don't watch that much TV anyway so I'm good with it.

I opted for PSVue using an Amazon Fire TV (not the stick); $30-ish/mnth and BeIN Sports is included (as is FS1/2, NBCSN, ESPNs, etc). DVR feature available, although I'm still not sure where it's stored, but it works well for the F1 and MGP races I've saved so far.

Cheaper than cable, even with the Amazon FireTV thing. I was using SlingTV but they didn't have all of the sports channels.

I signed up for FuboTV yesterday after getting confirmation that besides 20+ hours of soccer a day, you can get reruns of MotoGP and WSBK on the beIN Sports English channel. As soon as i started my $10/month subscription, I tuned in and lo and behold, there was the last 8 laps of the Argentina GP race streaming on my tablet! Great finish actually for those who haven't seen it. And it looks like reruns of all three classes will be available at least a few times this week. If i can figure out the goll-durned DVR function so I can record and watch at my own leisure I might end up being a very satisfied customer.
And if it doesn't work that great I'll cancel it and only be out $10 - not bad...
Russ as you said the dvr button was grayed out before and during the race.

I may be challenged by technology but was able to sign in with my phone and screen share with my tv.