2017 Iron Butt Rally

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll never know for sure You'll only know from those that self-disclose. I'm sure some will come out eventually.

Who would be stupid/crazy/ enough to ride in an Iron Butt Rally? Seriously - seek therapy.
And, Gregg, we know that it's way to late for therapy for you.
punk.gif

I know of at least one ex FJR owner who will be there. And he blames it all on FJRForum for introducing him to LD riding. Therapy is an option. I will be in the US between mid June and late August.

Ok, Ok. I'm ratting myself out. The CBA prez is in.

I qualified by riding over 127.3 miles in one, make that one 24 hour period while stopping at two steak houses, 1 burger bar, and a house of ill repute. Given those credentials, Mike KneeB had to grant me a spot. :whistle:

OMG! The credibility of BOTH organizations is shattered!

So we have our own dcarver in the hopeless class.....
uhoh.gif

I'd ask for his spot track so I can follow but I'd prob. keep hitting F5 thinking something was broken....

I'm in, but I haven't decided if I am going to ride the FJR or not.

Do we have a departure date for Leg 1?
The start is on June 26th. Start and finish is in Minneapolis - St. Paul. The location of the checkpoints haven't been announced as of yet. They did say one checkpoint would be south of 42 degrees latitude, and one would be west of the Mississippi. If anyone can figure it out from those clues, please let me know
fool.gif

Ride safely, but make us FJR owners proud!
I'll try not to embarrass you HUD....but I can't promise anything
rolleyes.gif

Because Old Yeller met an "early" demise, I'll have a busy winter helping Casandra transition into Elvira for the IBR.

DNFing in the latest and greatest ButtLite wasn't exactly a great confidence boost, but heck, I've learned that sometimes shit just happens.

Because Old Yeller met an "early" demise, I'll have a busy winter helping Casandra transition into Elvira for the IBR.DNFing in the latest and greatest ButtLite wasn't exactly a great confidence boost, but heck, I've learned that sometimes shit just happens.
Pulling for you Mike, and let us hope the shit stays in the bag where it belongs.

I will finally be sitting at the finish (Possibly be at the checkpoints too) shooting the breeze with others while dogged riders

scurry about with scoring and routing. I am going to enjoy this one big time !!! Best wishes to the riders. May the wind be at

your back and the routing be quick and clear to you all. Most of all… may you have a great time !

I'm sitting this one out. I figure I don't have anywhere to go but down since I pulled the horseshoe out of my a$$ on the last one! I'm sure I'll be regretting that when I see you guys take off in June!

Let me know if you guys need anything as I'm just outside Minneapolis. I plan on being at the start and finish with tools. I have my truck hitch mounted no-mar if anyone needs some new rubber. You can ship tires or anything else to me and I'll bring them to you at the start and/or finish as needed. PM me and I'll send you my address. Iggy and Zilla took care of me when I was in Seattle and ABQ so its time for me to pay it forward.

My spare FJR rear wheel is spoken for and I think my GS wheel is also unless RFlagg really hasn't made up his mind yet!??!?

Let's bring back the trophy to team Blue!

Yeah, I think I'll sit this one out, too.
coolsmiley02.gif

If your route planning sends you to metro Atlanta, PM me for a phone number. Love to buy you a burrito and a coffee -- as long as that's not considered "outside help" -- and will assist in any way possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.