2017 Iron Butt Rally

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great sorrow here in England, on Wednesday 14th my bike and I were due to fly to Toronto, however I've recently been diagnosed with Oesophageal Cancer so everything has had to be cancelled. So yet again I will following the rally through this great forum.
Here's to a speedy, full, and uneventful recovery.
+2

Last edited by a moderator:
Great sorrow here in England, on Wednesday 14th my bike and I were due to fly to Toronto, however I've recently been diagnosed with Oesophageal Cancer so everything has had to be cancelled. So yet again I will following the rally through this great forum.
Sorry to hear you'll be missing out on the rally Dave under such conditions.

May gifted doctors steer you unto a path of full recovery and then look forward to IBR '19.

Thanks everyone. It's going to be a long road with a uncertain result but fingers etc are all crossed.

My Candy Arse and I are subscribed to this thread. Good luck to all, but selfishly, I'm pulling for the FJRs!!!!

Dave, I wish you a fast and speedy recovery. 20 years ago I was diagnosed with Lymphoma and had a major surgery to remove a tumor around my kidney and spine and I completely recovered so I know you can also.

I don't think I am authorized to say much about the theme this year, although just knowing the theme isn't going to help anyone.
All will be learned at the traditional handing out of the Leg 1 Rallypacks...for this year: ~ 5-7pm CDT, Sunday, June 25th
Dale,

Will you be doing your traditional thread on the IBR, or is this the one to keep eyes on?

I don't think I am authorized to say much about the theme this year, although just knowing the theme isn't going to help anyone.
All will be learned at the traditional handing out of the Leg 1 Rallypacks...for this year: ~ 5-7pm CDT, Sunday, June 25th
Dale,

Will you be doing your traditional thread on the IBR, or is this the one to keep eyes on?
Covered earlier. I'll be starting and pinning a special thread. A variety of people including previous IBR riders, Warchild (as he has time), and others will contribute.

Dale,

Covered earlier. I'll be starting and pinning a special thread. A variety of people including previous IBR riders, Warchild (as he has time), and others will contribute.
Sorry, Matt. I DID read through the whole thread, but that damned "reading comprehension" gets me every time!

Good luck to all riders. I enjoy watching this and seeing how it unfolds. I am fortunate I am working from home during the rally so my tracking will not be an obvious work distraction as it would be in the office.

If any of our FJR brethren and sisters need any technical support prior to or during the rally in the Minneapolis area my garage is available and is stocked with most of the tools needed to extricate the FJR from most bad predicaments. My home is located 20 minutes south of the rally hotel in Lakeville. Ping me if you needed assistance...glad to help out. Will be cheering each of you out of the gate at the starting line and hopefully see many of you at the finish.

John

Any word on a theme yet?
I'd suggest waiting for that special thread I start....same thing that you saw right before the running two years ago.
I've waited long enough. Start the thread, OK?
smile.png

I've waited long enough. Start the thread, OK?
smile.png
I'll help you out Jerry. The thread is now worth points. ;)

***********************************************************************************************************************

Bonus #1, Pre-Leg 1

Mt. Hamilton, CA

Lick Observatory

37.340833, -121.643017

Sunday, June 17, 2017 12:00-13:00 PDT

Ride to Lick Observatory and TAPOT Planetarium entrance (with "Lick Observatory" clearly visible, dome, your motorcycle, and rally flag. "Lick Observatory" needs to be plainly visible. Post the the picture here. You'll then be given access to the special thread.

139 points

*Get Dean Tanji in the picture and it's worth 1,000,000 additional points.

***********************************************************************************************************************

Pardon my french, but fuck that cancer shit... I'm tired of hearing about it and how it affects so many good people... wishing you full recovery and kicking that goddamn fucking crap to the curb. Seriously.

Myself, wife and a couple of friends are making the journey out to the start to see several friends off. We wish all of the entrants the best of luck and await the incredibly entertaining coverage.

There is no placeholder right now, but the daily reports will be posted at the IBR tab at www.ironbutt.com starting Friday, June 23.
I predict work productivity rates will drop dramatically around the country for the two weeks following.
wink.png
I'll be following along while relaxing, and enjoying cocktails on the beach in Mexico. Good luck to all IBR riders.

Status
Not open for further replies.