2017 Iron Butt Rally

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
alien.gif
Are we there yet !!!

I hope the hell they don't block me at work. There getting pretty dam good at doing that shit.

ohwell.gif

Yeah, the IBR is the motorcycle version of the NCAAA basketball tournament without Brent Musberger or any of the other idiot talking heads.
We already have enough idiot talking heads around here without having to import any.
Which one is the equivalent of Joe (worthless) Buck?

Another keyboard warrior checking in.

waiting for the dance to begin, then suffer the inevitable withdrawal after it is completed.

I guess the riders are prepared for it, but I can't help worry about the heat in the SouthWest..
Could be an area of concern.

point and shoot thermometer says the surface temp of the road in front of the house 160 degrees. Air temp 114.

Abundant Sunshine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be on my 08 "Miss Piggy". I'm no rally wizard nor the toughest rider.

But I plan to successfully complete the rally and have a great time!

I'll ride up as far as Bowling Green after work tomorrow and make the rest of the trip Friday.

I hope to see some of you guys at the start (and finish) If I don't wave it is because I am trying desperately not to fall down.

I guess the riders are prepared for it, but I can't help worry about the heat in the SouthWest..
Could be an area of concern.

point and shoot thermometer says the surface temp of the road in front of the house 160 degrees. Air temp 114.

Abundant Sunshine.
A bag of Ice put inside a buttoned up jacket and staying hydrated is a solution some will use.

In the '15 IBR I got caught up in trying to beat the light and ignoring my physical needs. Left the Mojave bonus out of water and rode

to the Lake Mead bonus. Bagged the bonus and stopped into a store for fluids. Remember going out the door, and hit the side walk flat.

Came to with someone asking if I was OK. Heck of a day one ! From that point on, I was much more careful.

For those who were asking about checkpoints, IBA just released all the information you need in the IBA Forum (in a forum accessible to all forum members). At this time, they requested that people not cross-post the specific hotel information.
START WEEKEND 6/24 - 6/25 (location is west Minneapolis)

Monday, June 26

Motorcycle Impound 8am

Rally Start 10am

CHECKPOINT 1 INFORMATION - Wednesday, June 28, 8pm - 10pm (location is in the vicinity of NW Dallas)

Penalty points accrue at 8:00:01pm

Scoring opens at 5pm

Leg 2 Bonuses distributed at 4am, June 29

CHECKPOINT 2 INFORMATION - Saturday, July 1, 8pm - 10pm (same location as Checkpoint 1)

Penalty points accrue at 8:00:01pm

Scoring opens at 5pm

Leg 3 Bonuses distributed at 4am, July 2

FINISH - Friday, July 7, (same location as start)

Penalty points accrue at 8:00:01am

Scoring opens at 5am

Finishers' Banquet 6:30pm
Mamma Lisa moved to Dallas this year so having CP1 & 2 there makes sense.
….and the "Other Lisa" (Team Strange) is in Minnesota. Hmmm… You suppose this was chance?
Well, TS Lisa is riding as a pillion this year. On an FJR no less...

Another biannual check in for me - I live about 5 miles west of the start, so I may be there to see riders off. I saw a few riders coming into town today while out and about. They're pretty easy to spot...

OK, folks it's time to switch over to the FJRForum 2017 Iron Butt Rally Tracking/Analysis thread. Keep an eye on the top post for potentially evolving guidelines. I cannot emphasize the point enough that the IBR is about the riders of the event. All of us non-riders are fortunate to get a peek into it and thank the IBR volunteers in advance. And thanks to the forum visitors (often past IBR finishers) that add color and commentary to this semi-annual event.

So, clicky here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts