2019 Western FJR Owners' Gathering (West-FOG)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking Hard about this!

BMW must be represented!
I looked it up and there’s three Starbucks in town so you Roundel guys have a place to ride too !
Need not have to ride at all. One's right next to the hotel!
There are priorities . How far to the beer store????
smile.png

SWMBO has nixed this adventure for me. Can't say I'll blame her with a 6 week Alaska Trip and an 8,000 mile Trans Labrador Highway expedition scheduled in August/September.

I would love to make this, but since my last incident the wife feels I shouldn't take a trip till the bike is paid for. Makes absolutely no sense, of course, but try as I might, eventually, I fall asleep. And I'd like to wake up.

Cancelled our rooms if anyone needs them , book now ! We’ll be bringing the RV and trailering the bike, and staying for at least a week in the area.

Checking to see if there are any Northern California people heading down on Thursday who might want ride together. I am in Sacramento.
I will be leaving William's that morning headed south. Was going to slab it to maybe Stockton and then look for back roads. If you have some ideas let me know.

Not much in the way of choice roads around Stockton. I suggest 33 ( farmland two lane ) south of Tracy, then the twisty stuff starts from152, to 25, to 198, then take Peach tree road / Indian Valley road into Paso Robles.

I may bug out a day early on Wednesday and try to get lost on the way there, if not I'll give you a shout Rich.

BTW The long range forecast for next weekend has Paso Robles in the low 70's and sun. PERFECT!

I like the idea of meeting in Hollister. I don't know the area so pick a good landmark or address.

Leaving tomorrow to start meandering our way down to the gathering. Our route will get us there sometime next Friday. Lots of twisty roads, mountains, and coastline to see...

Last edited by a moderator:
Checking to see if there are any Northern California people heading down on Thursday who might want ride together. I am in Sacramento.
I will be leaving from Grass Valley sometime Thursday. Let me know your plans.

I have a room at the motel 6 with double beds if anyone is looking for a roommate.

I also have a room at the black oak, that I will be letting go of, let me know if anyone wants it, I will probably cancel it on Sunday.

Will be heading out Wed night to slab down I5.

Thursday will ride down the coast, spend the night in Morro Bay.

See ya buggers on Friday.