2019 Western FJR Owners' Gathering (West-FOG)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John, I met Clement at the Furnace Creek gas stations in 2001. It was my first time down there with a dualsport and while filling up Clement ( test riding the new GL1800 Yellow wing) said "hey dualsports? Wanna learn a new road? Turned us on to Abercrombie's favorite desert road...Echo Canyon.
He's a great guy who may know more roads than most anyone.
I see Clem pretty much every Wed when BarriesBoyz meet in Santa Margarita!
Just met Clem at the grocery store in Atascadero today ! He has a new book called No Thru Road, Tall tales about 30 odd previous trips he’s taken across the world.

Excited to see you all tomorrow!
bike.gif

465 miles of rain,wind and idiots. Made it to Williams. Out by 8am for Tres Pinos.
Ray, you've weathered many storms in your life... this is but a blip... see you tomorrow!! B)

Tyler
Quote...

How about meeting here in Tres Pinos for lunch around noon? Not sure what time y'all are leaving to head down this way... there's gas at the local store right next door as well.

https://flapjackstrespinos.com

... end-quote

This meet-up still happening? Ill be there.

Brodie
I'm planning on being there so see you there, my friend!! :D

Dorothy to Toto, stepping off her FJR, removing her helmet, and looking up at the overcast sky: "Toto, I don't think we're in California anymore."

Nyep. Could not have predicted this mixed bag of wind, rain, and lighting in May (and which is predicted to continue through the end of the month). Be safe everyone.

I'm sorry to miss this, and am looking forward to the ride reports.

JB

If parts or service are needed -

Hidden Power Cycle Clinic

805-239-8913

Service - Ivan

Parts - Frank

Paso Robles just down street from hotel.

And of course I have a lift too.

Last edited by a moderator:
One for the books... wind, rain, hail and clear, sea level, up to 6,000ft on Cuddy Valley Road and back down. Here at PR with Fairlaner, Jorstin & Skooter! Happy Hour at the pool with NeilSD, Peg, Russ, FJRay et al...Excellent!