2020 FJR1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Along with the gold stripe.  Sorta reminds me of what Ducati did with their FE versions. 

There also seems to be an additional body panel covering the engine.
That "additional body panel" is the foot shield, it's been available as an extra for several years.

There are currently 5 FJR models listed this side of the pond, the 'A' (no fancy suspension, no sidecases as standard), the 'AE' (known as the 'ES' in the Americas, the 'AS' (known as the 'AE' in the Americas), and Ultimate Edition versions of the 'AS' and 'AE' variants.

I haven't seen any prices, but I suspect if you need to know the price, you won't be able to afford one.

That "additional body panel" is the foot shield, it's been available as an extra for several years.
I thought that at first when looking at the other side but in the pic I posted I wasn't so sure.  Probably just the angle.  Would make sense too as it also has the mirror/wind deflectors.

I thought that at first when looking at the other side but in the pic I posted I wasn't so sure.  Probably just the angle.  Would make sense too as it also has the mirror/wind deflectors.
The black frame etc probably makes it look different.

Always happy to see the new model come out every year.  After reading this is the last year in Europe for the FJR I hope the sales on this side of the pond are strong enough to continue production.  My fingers are crossed!!

Along with the gold stripe.  Sorta reminds me of what Ducati did with their FE versions. 

There also seems to be an additional body panel covering the engine.

yes, and the mirrors have a shroud around the mounting bracket...more "wind aids" I guess

I'm okay with the gold wheels but the gold stripe on the fuel tank has got to go. Color scheme reminds me of the  "Midnight Special" editions in the late '70s and early '80s.

Curious with the number of European police departments as well as Australia using the FJR if Yamaha isn't going to figure out some way to make the platform Euro 5 compliant. Maybe put a turbo on that 900 triple?

I likey. Nice color combo in my opinion. At least its a change from the silver wheels and the butt ugly mad max black wheels.

GP

That is the prettiest FJR to date.
I am reminded of a loaner car I just turned in. Nice shiny jet black. It wasn't too long before I was reminded why I vowed never to have another black vehicle again... at least 3 times after forgetting the previous promises to myself never to get another one.

It looks like a GT350H with that gold stripe down the middle. Too bad we won't get that combo in the US.

11382709-770-0-2X-56a693cd3df78cf7728f1b79.jpg

Always happy to see the new model come out every year.  After reading this is the last year in Europe for the FJR I hope the sales on this side of the pond are strong enough to continue production.  My fingers are crossed!!
Yamaha can't put FJR to pasture yet. It's one of the only true 2-up Sport Touring bikes left with enough torque and agility to traverse the great back roads and mountain passes in all continents of this great world of ours! Come On!

The 2020 Concours hasn't updated in forever. They didn't even give it Cruise Control yet, despite updating the 2020 Ninja 1000SX with Cruise, Color TFT, Euro 5 emissions among other stuff. Seems like Kawi is about to ditch the Coni. Triumph Trophy is already gone. Honda is trimming the Goldwing down to maybe fit into the ST category, but are ticking off the purist Touring riders with decreased carrying space. So it doesn't fit in either category. Is BMW going to be the only one left? Say it ain't so, Please.

I know there are other capable Bikes like the Tracer 900GT, Versys 1000LT and others. But they are just not the same. They are street bikes in dual sport clothing. The 2020 Ninja 1000SX is a mini Concours, quite nice but probably not 2-up capable for most, long distance. These are just my observations, YMMV.

From what I've read so far, Euro 5 compliant bikes are achieving it by adding Cat Converters for every cylinder, tweaking valve timing and tweaking the air box/induction system a little bit. To me it doesn't seem like a major redesign is in order to save the FJR and make it Euro 5 compatible. I fear it's the sales numbers that is driving it's demise.😢 I hope they reconsider. My fingers are also crossed! 

It would be nice to see the "Ultimate Edition" come over the pond somehow. Go Retro and call it "Midnight Special Edition". IMHO That is a Great Looking Moto.😎

Latest posts