2020 Race Track Adventure - The No Crowns Tour

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russperry

Reaction score
This year is going to turn into my bucket list adventure.  As some of you may know, I've been spending a bit of time at the local racetracks here in the Bay Area of California for the last 6 years.  So in concert with my retirement last year, I've decided to hit the road and get to as many racetracks across the country this year as time, money and endurance will allow while avoiding the heat of the summer.  So far we've purchased an RV, a 7x14' enclosed trailer, and a bunch of little stuff that no one tells you about until after you buy the RV!

The tentative schedule looks something like this (* are MotoAmerica tracks!).  Unfortunately with the postponement of the MotoGP race at COTA (just announced today) I've had to skip that which was actually going to be one of the highlights of the trip, but I've been able to drop in another event between Las Vegas and Topeka.

Saturday                              March 28th                           Spring Mountain East                                     Pahrump, NV

Sunday                                 March 29th                           Las Vegas Motor Speedway                         Las Vegas, NV

Thu-Sun                               April 3-5                               COTA – MotoGP                                               Austin, TX

Saturday                              April 4th                                 High Plains Raceway                                       Deer Trail, CO

Sunday                                 April 12th                              Heartland Park Motorsports Park              Topeka, KS

Sat-Sun                                April 18-19                           Motorsports Park Hastings                           Hastings, NE

Saturday                              April 25th                              *Pitt Race                                                              Wampum, PA

Monday                               April 27th                              *NJMP – Thunderbolt                                       Milville, NJ

Sunday                                 May 3rd                                *Summit Point – Main                                      Summit Point, WV

Monday                               May 4th                                 Summit Point – Shenandoah                       Summit Point, WV

Monday                               May 11th                               *VIR – North                                                         Alton, VA

Saturday                              May 16th                               *Barber Motorsports Park                              Birmingham, AL

Sat – Sun                             May 23-24                           *COTA                                                                     Austin, TX

Friday                                    May 29th                              *Utah Motorsports Campus                           Erda, UT

June to August                                                  Summer Break

Friday                                    August 28th                       Nelson Ledges                                                   Garrettsville, OH

Sunday                                 August 30th                        Grattan Raceway                                              Belding, MI

Saturday                              September 5th                    NCM Motorsports Park                                  Bowling Green, KY

Monday                               September 7th                    Autobahn Country Club                                 Joliet, IL

Saturday                              September 12th                  Blackhawk Farms                                              South Beloit, IL

Monday                               September 14th                  *Road America                                                    Elkhart Lake, WI

Sunday                                 September 20th                 Arizona Motorsports Park                            Litchfield Park, AZ

I don't know how many of you may be into track days, but if anybody is nearby at any of these events please give a thought to coming out to visit - even if you don't give a s*** about track riding It would be great to see some friendly faces along the way.  If you are interested in track riding, I'm actually bringing two track bikes (in case of mechanical issues or other problems) so have a spare in case anybody wants to give it a try :)   If you don't have my phone number already, hit me with a PM and we can get in touch.  The FJR will also be in the trailer so getting some street-legal fun will also be on the agenda...

Hope to hear and see some of you over the course of the year!

Looks like a great way to enjoy the summer. If you need anything or just want to ride some roads I'm only about 90 miles from Barber

Looks like a great way to enjoy the summer. If you need anything or just want to ride some roads I'm only about 90 miles from Barber
Thanks for the offer.  I may have time both before and after the Barber weekend so I just may take you up on it :)