2021 FJR1300 is out. We get one more year!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My opinion is that either (a) leftover stock from 2020, in which nobody bought a bike (thanks COVID, Hurricanes, Locusts, and ______), and/or (b) Yammie way of saying that they are not going to put any more R&D into the FJR1300.  Not even a marketing study for color.  When they are gone, they are gone.  The Tracer 9 GT is going to be Yamaha's S/T bike.
Disagree.

As that fart smeller wfooshee alluded to, once it is built and a VIN assigned (not to mention shipped to North America) it is that model year.  Period.

And your assertion that gone is gone is not supported.  There have been plenty of other model years where they have done the same thing.  10-11, 18-19, and now 20-21.   This is my SWAG here, but no doubt if the model is selling slowly, or they overestimated production numbers, they have a lot of parts sitting in the supply chain.  Easy to just use those for the next model year.  Cheap solution with no R&D investment required.

Also my SWAG, but when Yammie builds the final FJR1300 model year for North America I would expect to see a send off like Europe got with the 'Special Edition'  Might happen.  Might not.  At this point it is all wild conjecture.

So I am slightly optimistic that there will be a 2022 FJR1300.  Hopefully a different color, and if the last model year for the model, a special edition model offered.  Which will cost me some serious $$$.  Fuke.  I hate buying new.  Rarely ever do it.

To clarify, when I mentioned "left over stock", I mean, well... parts.  At some point (in 2020), an assembly of parts becomes a "2021" and gets a VIN accordingly.

I hope they make FJRs until 2060.  By then, I will be done (in more ways than one).

But I really think this is it.

I've been trying to find a new 2021 to buy, none available locally.

I did buy a new Tracer900GT last year but miss the FJR that was totaled.

Hopefully they get shipped here soon.

EDIT: Sold the Tracer 900GT last week, can't get the FJR out of my mind. Six new bikes in 6-years and none 

measured up to the FJR.. Looking for a used, low mile 2008 or later.

I've been trying to find a new 2021 to buy, none available locally.

I did buy a new Tracer900GT last year but miss the FJR that was totaled.

Hopefully they get shipped here soon.

EDIT: Sold the Tracer 900GT last week, can't get the FJR out of my mind. Six new bikes in 6-years and none

measured up to the FJR.. Looking for a used, low mile 2008 or later.
I just lost my 2012 FJR that was in beautiful shape. I looked at other bikes but none came close to the FJR. So I found another 2012 with less miles than on mine when I got it. I couldn't agree more. If your bitten by the FJR bug its all you want. Not many bike out like this one!!

I just lost my 2012 FJR that was in beautiful shape. I looked at other bikes but none came close to the FJR. So I found another 2012 with less miles than on mine when I got it. I couldn't agree more. If your bitten by the FJR bug its all you want. Not many bike out like this one!!
Oh also. My name is Levi too. Lol

Anyone got news on these for 2022/2023? I put a healthy deposit down on a 2022 in late February. As of yesterday, my dealer said Yamaha has nothing on the ramp yet. They tell me I will get a months' notice when it is coming.

I wouldn't hold my breath for 2023 but we have been wrong before. In any case, you won't hear anything from Yamaha until at least October.

Lots of folks have taken delivery of their 2022 FJR. Either your dealer sucks at communicating correct information, or you are misunderstanding them. Or what you posted is not in accurate of what your dealer told you. If you have a deposit down they should definitely have ordered one. They may not have an exact date on when it will arrive, but they should have an idea.

If I were you I would clarify things with your dealer. I would contact other dealers. And I would call Yamaha corporate.

And as explained above, NO dealer will have any accurate info on the 2023 FJR until Yamaha announces it in Sep-Nov later this year. That is IF there will be a 2023 FJR. My gut says we will continue to get them until the 'last edition' (my wording) comes out. That is the black one with the gold stripe and wheels.

Also, the topic of this thread is the '2021' FJR. There are other threads that are more current concerning the '2022' FJR.