2022 CFR Nakusp

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My time of entry guess coming home in April was more than 3 hours off - they didn't even blink. They will send you an email when you've successfully filed your ArriveCan entry plan and it contains a QR code which you "need" to show the Customs person - mine didn't even want to see it...??

I can only draw solace from the knowledge that "thank God we don't get all of the government that our taxes pay for!"
Ya, I figured it wasn't that big a deal, just thought it was funny. I suppose I could say I'm crossing on Monday and show up 3 days late and see what happens?? Of course I'm risking a yard sale (take everything out of your bags) or a cavity search. ;)

I'm probably already in the system as a trouble maker. I rode up to the Canadian booth once when the car in front of me departed without waiting for the green light. The security officer said she doesn't take kindly to those trying to "run the border'. I laughed, then realized she was dead serious! I asked her if she want me to roll my bike back to the light. She didn't think that was funny either.

"I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel. A free man at a start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope." Red from the Shawshank Redemption. :ROFLMAO:

On June 4th I had an accident on my Vincent. Today they let me go home.
6 broken ribs
1 punctured lung
1 broken shoulder blade.

I hope that there are no outstanding questions or issues.
Please rest and re-coop. Glad it was not worse. Sorry we wont be meeting in Nakusp, but next time for sure. Thanks so much for all of your work on this event, I am really excited for next week.

I can only draw solace from the knowledge that "thank God we don't get all of the government that our taxes pay for!"
Us to! You sound like my wife's family up in Powell River.
It saddens me a bit that I've been crossing into BC as an Adult for over fifty years, for the first thirty I more or less felt welcome by the border patrol, thanks to 911 now days I feel like Public enemy #1.

Ride more. Stress less. I have used the app several times now. And border crossings have been a breeze. Of course I am prettier than George and Panman. They might not let those fugly MF'rs in. I know I wouldn't! You just can't trust anyone who would ride a POS Super Tenere.
Why did you take the FJR instead of the GS Pretty Boy?

Friday, June 17th

Bad news: At the end of the day's travels, a warning light came on the dash saying "Low Volt Batt"... uh oh.

Good news: It came on just as I pulled into the driveway of my friend, Liane's, house who I was planning on visiting anyway... and there's a Can Am dealer about 8 miles from her house. I called them and they said they could look at it in the morning. Yay!

Saturday, June 18th

Bad news: They tried the simple fix by changing the battery but it turns out the charging system isn't working. The head Spyder tech is out until Monday so we won't know until then what needs to be replaced (voltage regulator or stator). Parts will need to be ordered and can take up to 3 days to arrive and then work will need to be performed. Tried finding a rental on Riders-share but, because I don't have an M1 on my license anymore (don't need it in CA for a Spyder), they won't rent to me. Looked like my trip was over and I wouldn't be making it up to Canada after all.

Good news: My dear friend, Liane, offered up her gorgeous Lexus convertible for me to use to get up to Canada while the repairs are being done on my bike. So tomorrow (Monday) I'll resume my travels thanks to her plus I get to spend an extra day with her!

Not quite what I had planned for this trip but... Lemons ---> Lemonade!

...wondering the same thing Skooter. Reliability a concern or is the mighty GSA down for maintenance? Inquiring minds want to know!!

~G
What can I say? I'm an FJR guy. I wanted to be the only FJR at the Dust to Dawson gathering. That, and riding dirt and gravel roads on a GSA is just too damned easy. I like a challenge!

Also, I'm saving my GSA for the big trip to Prudhoe Bay. Assuming some nancy-boy from Snohomish gets off ass and joins me.

"I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel. A free man at a start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope."
Good one, Adam! :lol: As I began reading the first words, they were coming across in Morgan Freeman’s voice… :)

So I should be rolling in sometime Wednesday afternoon, and am happy to volunteer and help out anywhere needed. Safe travels everyone!

Cheers!

Am looking forward to the post-Covid resurgence of FJR Rallies and seeing so many friendly faces again… but it looks like this one is out for me. ☹️
I am releasing my reservation in the Annex of the Lodge if anyone is looking to move over to the lodge or for an upgrade to their room. The room is now available.

Have great trips everyone and hope to see you soon.

Last edited:
Got squared away with Arrivecan, seemed more workable on the PC than the phone.
Had a little scare looking for the Lelands contact info to confirm my reservation. Tripadvisor flagged them as permanently closed!! A phone call to them fixed that, they are indeed fully open and have my reservation.
Will be departing Yakima around 9:00 tomorrow morning, headed to the Carson border crossing.
If that dovetails with anyone else's route, I'm game to meet up and travel together.
Direct text will be a better way to communicate if you want... 509 833 5245.
See ya in Nakusp!