2022 CFR Nakusp

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok i'm bought and paid for. The schedule is a little vague. What exactly is the plan here? I might be showing up late on the 23rd.... TIA!

Ok i'm bought and paid for. The schedule is a little vague. What exactly is the plan here? I might be showing up late on the 23rd.... TIA!
What would you like to know?…definitive times will be posted closer to the event.
Meet & Greet Thursday night
Group banquet - roast beef, Saturday night
Go for a ride - all day Friday
Go for another ride - all day Saturday
Go Home - Sunday

What would you like to know?…definitive times will be posted closer to the event.
Meet & Greet Thursday night
Group banquet - roast beef, Saturday night
Go for a ride - all day Friday
Go for another ride - all day Saturday
Go Home - Sunday
Sounds great. Thanks for filling in the blanks!

It was calamari in the bar restaurant. Probably served on a bad bed of sprouts. I was mildly sick but Mike Cook was laid up for a day in the room. He ate most of the sprouts. I guess calamari in Nakusp is about as bad an idea as gas station sushi. 😳🤮

I still have no idea whether I will get there or not. There is lots of stuff going on that could get in the way. If I do, it will be camping at the municipal park in Nakusp (if any sites are still available). I probably won't know much before the middle of June and that might be too late to book a campsite.

A fairly basic route from New Brunswick is 5200 km (3250 miles). A nicer route is around 6000 km (3750 miles) - all in Canada. If I had the time, I would go to the coast (sister lives in Burnaby) and might consider some riding in the US Northwest on the way back...

I assume I wouldn't get to the banquet without booking ahead (unless there are some last minute no-shows).

I still have no idea whether I will get there or not. There is lots of stuff going on that could get in the way. If I do, it will be camping at the municipal park in Nakusp (if any sites are still available). I probably won't know much before the middle of June and that might be too late to book a campsite.

A fairly basic route from New Brunswick is 5200 km (3250 miles). A nicer route is around 6000 km (3750 miles) - all in Canada. If I had the time, I would go to the coast (sister lives in Burnaby) and might consider some riding in the US Northwest on the way back...

I assume I wouldn't get to the banquet without booking ahead (unless there are some last minute no-shows).
We will cut off registration around the first week of June.

We will cut off registration around the first week of June.
I probably won't know by then but I will keep that cutoff date in mind. I might be able to take the place of a "no-show" (paying them for their registration) or just do my own thing if I decide too late for registration.
There appear to be a couple of other camping options other than the municipal park (which is just a short stagger from rally center). KBR and Rider's Retreat are about 2 and 3 km away, respectively.

Do you have to get a certain minimum number to get the rate for the dinner?

I probably won't know by then but I will keep that cutoff date in mind. I might be able to take the place of a "no-show" (paying them for their registration) or just do my own thing if I decide too late for registration.
There appear to be a couple of other camping options other than the municipal park (which is just a short stagger from rally center). KBR and Rider's Retreat are about 2 and 3 km away, respectively.

Do you have to get a certain minimum number to get the rate for the dinner?
I’ve just asked the Legion that very question…it will probably be a few days before I get an answer..

Thanks for the note on cancellation McRide. Sorry you won't be able to make it. My wife and I just booked your vacated room and are looking forward to joining this crew of FJR enthusiasts for the first time in Nakusp this summer. We did a trip through Nakusp a few years ago, stayed at The Lodge, and loved the place, so looking forward to a longer stay this time. I see the temps are finally going to hit double digits for the first time this Spring in our neck of the woods (Winnipeg area) so hoping to put the bikes on the road this week and start getting the old bod in shape for this summer trek. Will keep my eyes open for CollingsBob in our local travels.

Hi everyone. I wish I had good news to share about this upcoming MC rally but I must inform you that I will not be attending this great meetup with our northern brothers and sisters. I had L4 and L5 spine fusion 10 days ago at the Phoenix Barrows brain and spine Institute. The pain has been atrocious. The physicians also said NO to riding for at least 3 months. There will be more rides in the future for me but this will be a heart-breaker for me to miss.

I have reserved a 2 bed reservations at the Lodge at Arrow Lakes that I must cancel soon. So if anybody is in need for this room, let me know before I cancel in a couple days.

Have fun and be safe. Until we meet again.