2022 CFR Nakusp

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone. I wish I had good news to share about this upcoming MC rally but I must inform you that I will not be attending this great meetup with our northern brothers and sisters. I had L4 and L5 spine fusion 10 days ago at the Phoenix Barrows brain and spine Institute. The pain has been atrocious. The physicians also said NO to riding for at least 3 months. There will be more rides in the future for me but this will be a heart-breaker for me to miss.

I have reserved a 2 bed reservations at the Lodge at Arrow Lakes that I must cancel soon. So if anybody is in need for this room, let me know before I cancel in a couple days.

Have fun and be safe. Until we meet again.
Glad that you're getting it looked after Ed. Until next time amigo!

Dave

I wanted to let you know about restaurant hours for when you’re here, we are only open Friday to Tuesday 11:30am to 9pm, No Breakfast, lunch and dinner only. For breakfast options there is What’s Brewing coffee shop (opens at 7am), Hoss & Jill’s Bistro (breakfast and lunch 7am to 3pm), Mountain Top Coffee shop (opens at 7am, serves baked good no actual breakfast), and The Nakusp golf course restaurant up the hill towards Nelson(opens at 8am I think). For Lunch and Dinner on Wednesday and Thursday The Leland Hotel and Three Lions Social House (not sure on hours), Arrow & Anchor Pizza 4 to 8 (possible take out only, no delivery),Bella Soriah a small Tapa Bar has also opened on main street (they are open Wednesday to Saturday 5pm to 9pm) The Hut Drive In closes at 6:30 and the Paddy Shack up the hill closes at 7:00

Let Chantal at The Lodge know if you would like to book any meal times with us on the Friday or Saturday for Lunch or Dinner.

I am home, confined to the bedroom in the basement as I recover from Covid. Next week I’ll contact the folks at Yamaha to see what they are going to donate. I think we are at 42 registered attendees.

Got the trip up planned, trip home will be mostly "let's go that way".

Google maps does not like showing ferry routes, but we will spend a couple of days in Friday Harbor as well.

Looking forward to seeing folks in a couple of weeks

Map clicky thing

Google maps does not like showing ferry routes, but we will spend a couple of days in Friday Harbor as well.

Map clicky thing
May I suggest 5A from Merritt to Kamloops instead of # 5 ..its a lot more scenic, windy, twisty..then 97 to Vernon, #6 from Vernon to Nakusp

I just got a call that I did not want to receive. Bob Collings got bucked off of his newly-restored Vincent this afternoon - at speed. He called me from the Emergency Room and they were giving him strong pain drugs. Neither bike nor rider fared well from the sounds of things. Bob's injuries include a badly-broken shoulder, so CFR in Nakusp will be out for him - barring a miracle.

The show must go on however, and we are rallying the rest of the committee to pitch-in and take care of CFR in Bob's absence. More news at 11:00...

Get well soon Bob! 😥

I just got a call that I did not want to receive. Bob Collings got bucked off of his newly-restored Vincent this afternoon - at speed. He called me from the Emergency Room and they were giving him strong pain drugs. Neither bike nor rider fared well from the sounds of things. Bob's injuries include a badly-broken shoulder, so CFR in Nakusp will be out for him - barring a miracle.

The show must go on however, and we are rallying the rest of the committee to pitch-in and take care of CFR in Bob's absence. More news at 11:00...

Get well soon Bob! 😥
Oh crap! Hope he is OK. Unfortunately, we don't bounce (or heal) as well as we used to.

Edit: I posted this info on the CFR thread on FJRiders with a link to FastJoyRide's post, above...

Last edited:
Oh crap! Hope he is OK. Unfortunately, we don't bounce (or heal) as well as we used to.

Edit: I posted this info on the CFR thread on FJRiders with a link to FastJoyRide's post, above...
Thanks Ross for cross-posting. Please send any/all positive karma Bob's way!

Well, shit... I'm so sorry to see this post... will be sending lots of healing juju his way for sure! <3

EDIT: And from a FB post from Bob:

Quite serious.. 6 fractured ribs, collapsed lung and broken shoulder blade.. no CFR for me this year

Last edited:

Map clicky thing
If you are coming through Merritt, B.C. on the 23rd and want some compny for the ride to Nakusp, i am planning to ride to Nakusp on the 23rd too.

Map clicky thing
If you are coming through Merritt on the 23rd and want some company on the trip to Nakusp, i am also planning to ride over on the 23rd