2022 Yamaha FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not a belt? They’re even lighter than a chain. They have a service life over 25,000 miles. And they don’t need to be adjusted or lubricated. What’s not to like?
Friend of mine bought a brand new Harley Road Glide and the belt broke out on a ride at 1100 miles. Required a tow and hours of labor to replace it. They even had the nerve to tell him it wasn't covered under warranty and was a wear item! Just because the service life is SUPPOSED to be high, things like rocks getting caught in the drive will break them. As long as I don't buy a BMW, I never think I will have shaft drive problems, and haven't.

The 2022 looks identical to the 2005 FJR had used to own, with the small exception of the badging on the side bags is slightly different. My '05 was one hell of a hot beast in the summer too! I sold it and bought an '07 which was much cooler to ride (and still own it).
The 2005 was Galaxy Blue, not Cobalt Blue.

The 2022 bike looks identical to the 2016 ES bike. Yamaha actually used the 2016 pics for the 22 model.

You all are describing why after 20+ years with the FJR, I went with a Yamaha triple for 2-up touring. The Tracer 900 GT weighs just under 500 lbs, and I get to retain a pair of FJR hard cases. 😁

View attachment 688

View attachment 689
There's the color combo i would like to see. Reminds me of a certain Daytona Special from my youth.
I saw a white police bike being delivered new

You all are describing why after 20+ years with the FJR, I went with a Yamaha triple for 2-up touring. The Tracer 900 GT weighs just under 500 lbs, and I get to retain a pair of FJR hard cases. 😁

View attachment 688

View attachment 689
That red stripe on white is the color combo i would love to see on an FJR or a Tracer. It reminds me of a certain Daytona Special i had in my youth.
I happened to see a police FJR being delivered as i took delivery of a bike 2 summers ago. What a beauty! I'll dig up the pics and post um.