2023 FJR1300ES

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gorgeous Shayes ! You will love it !

I am on my third FJR. Dabbled with Harley and BMW for a few years, but came right back.

I live in the Chelan area of Washington State. I just purchased a new 2022 last November in Arizona. I couldn't find a new one in the state at the time. Arizona shipped it to me during the winter. I have only been out a couple of times. Such a sweet ride.

Here is my new 2022. Looks exactly like yours. Yamaha must not be changing the colors annually any longer.

Enjoy. Be safe. IMG_1385.jpeg

Docs,

Why did you put after market exhaust cans on your bike?
Developed exclusively for the Yamaha FJR1300 with stylish stainless steel exhaust canisters featuring carbon fibre tips that offer a deeper exhaust note over the stock exhaust.
  • 22.85% weight reduction and improved performance
  • Heat shields laser-etched with FJR logos
  • Cooler ambient running temperatures
  • EPA sound certified
  • Quick and easy installation
  • Sold in a set (left side and right side canisters)
  • Exclusive Y-Series Packaging
  • Available only from your local Yamaha dealer
  • Emissions-compliant (all claims to emissions compliance are made and supported by Yoshimura R&D testing and documentation)
Love the sound, looks and weight reduction 🤓

22.85% weight reduction

I love the precision of Mama Yamaha sales and marketing. If I skip breakfast I could save 2.15% and make it an even 1/4 of whatever...

Looks great in 2022 and 2023! Cleaner than mine will ever be!

I am on my third FJR. Dabbled with Harley and BMW for a few years, but came right back.

I live in the Chelan area of Washington State. I just purchased a new 2022 last November in Arizona. I couldn't find a new one in the state at the time. Arizona shipped it to me during the winter. I have only been out a couple of times. Such a sweet ride.

Here is my new 2022. Looks exactly like yours. Yamaha must not be changing the colors annually any longer.

Enjoy. Be safe. View attachment 4272

Ha! What dealership in Arizona did you buy it from? I live in Phoenix and the two FJRs I have bought new I have purchased out of state. Even if the locals have them. I haven't found a dealer I like in Arizona, and none that will offer a good deal.

Ha! What dealership in Arizona did you buy it from? I live in Phoenix and the two FJRs I have bought new I have purchased out of state. Even if the locals have them. I haven't found a dealer I like in Arizona, and none that will offer a good deal.
Ride Now Powersports in Chandler, AZ. I never visited personally. I did everything online and on the phone. They were very nice and accommodating. The service people polished mine and set it up just the way I asked (special exhaust). When it arrived here in Washington, it was like it was right of the showroom floor. Had 3 miles on it.

Not sure if that is one of the dealerships you don’t like. Still, everyone I talked to, including the service guys, title clerks, and saleswoman, were upbeat, accommodating, professional and friendly.

Not sure if that helps

Enjoy. Be safe.
That sounds a lot like what happened with the ST1300 from Honda. If you liked silver or black, you were good for a few years! And I switched over for the more advanced engine and features of the FJR several years ago.

Ohhhhh, that ST 1300 ! What a popular bike. A friend of mine had one for years and loved it. He was a former motor officer when we were in the PD together. He could ride the heck out of it. They were good performers and comfortable. A lot of police departments purchased them. The only thing I heard from some (civilians), they were a bit heavy

It was sad and a mistake that Honda didn’t keep improving and upgrading it. They eventually came out with a bike completely different and called it an ST. Not as good looking or as capable in my humble opinion.

Geeeeeez ! Why am I going on about a Honda here in this forum. Just like talking bikes .

I totally agree on the FJR. A far superior bike. Lighter, faster and more nimble.

Ohhhhh, that ST 1300 ! What a popular bike. A friend of mine had one for years and loved it. He was a former motor officer when we were in the PD together. He could ride the heck out of it. They were good performers and comfortable. A lot of police departments purchased them. The only thing I heard from some (civilians), they were a bit heavy

It was sad and a mistake that Honda didn’t keep improving and upgrading it. They eventually came out with a bike completely different and called it an ST. Not as good looking or as capable in my humble opinion.

Geeeeeez ! Why am I going on about a Honda here in this forum. Just like talking bikes .

I totally agree on the FJR. A far superior bike. Lighter, faster and more nimble.
Totally agree..FJR in class by itself! Was on my way to buy the ST in '06 BUT stopped by to see what Yammie had...Mgr was riding FJ but wouldn't let me test ride. He said order one and if you don't like it bring it back sooo this is the first bike I bought sight unseen.....Never looked back..FJ will be the last one for me

Ride Now Powersports in Chandler, AZ. I never visited personally. I did everything online and on the phone. They were very nice and accommodating. The service people polished mine and set it up just the way I asked (special exhaust). When it arrived here in Washington, it was like it was right of the showroom floor. Had 3 miles on it.

Not sure if that is one of the dealerships you don’t like. Still, everyone I talked to, including the service guys, title clerks, and saleswoman, were upbeat, accommodating, professional and friendly.

Not sure if that helps

RideNow dealerships around here don't typically have good reputations. Personally, I have not had good experiences with them so I can't see every buying anything from them. But then, I am a value buyer (Cheap-ass mofo). And they don't sell value with their typical additional fees. A few times over the last 6 months I contacted them about 2022 FJRs but their OTD price was unacceptable to me.

Very recently, I purchased a 2023 FJR and went all the way from my home in Phoenix to West Virginia to get it. Saved at least $2,500 from buying it local. Riding it home the entire length of the Blue Ridge Parkway, and all those other great North Carolina, Tennessee, and Missouri roads? Priceless!

20230512_185242-XL.jpg

FB_IMG_1684205029940-XL.jpg

346629135-M.jpg

Nice! Congratulations! To the naked eye it looks pretty much like all the other Gen3 FJR's. What kind of improvements were made for '23?
No significant change in the past number of years (since 2016), other than color. "A" model only available some years.

Nice! Congratulations! To the naked eye it looks pretty much like all the other Gen3 FJR's. What kind of improvements were made for '23?

The '23 FJRs are the fastest yet! Even faster than the '22 which came in the same color Cobalt Blue. But, since they raised MSRP by $100 it HAS to be faster!