2730 Screen/Digitizer replacement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GalaxyBlue

Reaction score
I did a quick search, And can't find the right info on it.

Mine is peeling and needs fixing, And i have read that Garmin is not repairing these anymore. Any help would be great.

You need to learn how to search better young grasshopper. Perhaps a 'long' search? FredW just did a thread on this.

You need to learn how to search better young grasshopper. Perhaps a 'long' search? FredW just did a thread on this.
Perhaps it's not that simple. Fred did a Zumo replacement, Galaxy is looking to repair a Street Pilot. Street Pilots are now hanging out with the dinosaurs and it's hard to even find the bones. If Mr Blue can find a digitizer the repair will be similar to the Zumo; except where it's different ;)

Found the following from one of the LD riding lists from back in September:

Well, I just replaced the digitizer on my own in my 2820. I practiced on my 2720 first! It wasn't that hard, I paid $59 for a used digitizer from Portatronics in NYC. They can install them for additional $69. So far it seems to work, but these touch screens tend to act up only when you really need them not to! So far I am pleased with the service at Portatronics.
I went to the website and didn't see a digitizer listed for a 2730 or 2820. Perhaps a phone call would be helpful.

Last edited by a moderator: