3 recent farkles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrangevaleFJR

R.I.P. Our FJR Riding Friend
Reaction score
Too late to do much good, I added the fenda extenda at 14k miles, just after the cowling had been sand blasted with a white stripe.

The radiator guard went in easily and is in before any radiator damage. Yeah!

The magnum blaster horns with Randy's wiring harness. The harness was easy enough. The hard part was getting the horns to fit in there. If anyone got those things in without hacking up some inner fairing, you got different horns than I did. They do sound a bit louder, but they are so good with sound quality that they are less irritating that the tin like sound of the stock horns. Sounds almost like my 65 Cadillac now! (just missing one tone)

Question about the spare stock horn connections on the left side. INstructions in the harness assembly say that they are a good 12v source now. Can I hook them into a accessory plug for power?

Too late to do much good, I added the fenda extenda at 14k miles, just after the cowling had been sand blasted with a white stripe.
The radiator guard went in easily and is in before any radiator damage. Yeah!

The magnum blaster horns with Randy's wiring harness. The harness was easy enough. The hard part was getting the horns to fit in there. If anyone got those things in without hacking up some inner fairing, you got different horns than I did. They do sound a bit louder, but they are so good with sound quality that they are less irritating that the tin like sound of the stock horns. Sounds almost like my 65 Cadillac now! (just missing one tone)

Question about the spare stock horn connections on the left side. INstructions in the harness assembly say that they are a good 12v source now. Can I hook them into a accessory plug for power?

Yes, but only the hot wire to the original horns does you any good. The ground side goes to the horn button. Use the horn hot and a chassis ground and that should work.

Make sure your blasters clear the forks at full compression and with the forks turned in either direction. I had to do lots of trimming of the horn itself on the right side to get even minimal clearance. The horn hits the ignition coil and cannot recess far enough into the fairing cavity for sufficient clearance the way it is. The left side has plenty of room but I had to remove the lower plastic of the fairing to work with the mount and get the horn recessed into the fairing cavity on the left.

I just replaced my Fiamms with the latest model, AM-80S from Napa. They are physically much smaller than the old ones and the Stebels, and claim to put out 132/135 db lo/hi tone respectively. No issues with fork interference and plenty loud. You guys can hack up your bikes and horns as you see fit though. :fuck:

I just replaced my Fiamms with the latest model, AM-80S from Napa. They are physically much smaller than the old ones and the Stebels, and claim to put out 132/135 db lo/hi tone respectively. No issues with fork interference and plenty loud. You guys can hack up your bikes and horns as you see fit though. :fuck:
Go hit your horn at 1:30 and I'll go outside to see if I like it :lol:

This is a funny story, I purchase bike, tell my better half this is the perfect bike.

Then I go out and start buying things to add to it! She says I thought that was the perfect bike? I just stare! what can I say I like to change things once they are mine to make them mine.

So, off to find the horns, couldn't find them local so I purchase so Famms 32 db, get them hooked to power okay, hey Hun, take a listen!

I need these to keep the would be pancake makers away.

Of course they were loud but with the fairing off she says can't really tell any difference except tone. So now the fun part, they just will not connect to the old attachment hardware, and if I use their connecters they are not going to fit either. Funny thing when I had to take them off replace old, take back and a year later, I order the blasters.

can't wait to take the bike apart again to install those. Also can't wait to see her expression when she see's all the plastic off again.

It's funny to see her expressions when I have to buy all the add ons for the perfect bike, top boxes, sliders high way pegs/ brackets, lights, gloves. wind shields.

Just today he I have to get another windshield! lol!

She just shakes head and walks away.