48-10 route option

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofreeride

Reaction score
2621314240103318019S600x600Q85.jpg

Link to Google Map

Got the route down to 7257 miles, venturing into each state at least far enough to find a gas station. That's 725 miles a day, just over 12 hours of riding per day for 10 days. Very doable I think.

Can't do it this year (don't know when, if ever), but still fun to play with the routes. I figured out a 9-day schedule that puts heavier miles on the first few days, lighter mileage in the east, and finishing with some 750 mile days.

Remember, the shortest route isn't always the fastest route. ;)

PS. At 4-corners there's gas at Montezuma Creek UT (take the road north from Red Mesa) and Towaoc CO.

Remember, the shortest route isn't always the fastest route. ;)
PS. At 4-corners there's gas at Montezuma Creek UT (take the road north from Red Mesa) and Towaoc CO.
I'm a bit unclear as to how Google maps operates. Doesn't it normally calculate the fastest route between two points based on speed limits of the roads? I just picked the points that would force the program to touch every state at least far enough to find gas, with total driving time ending up at 5 days, 1 hour. I've seen a couple routes right around 7K miles, but one starts or ends in the northeast (good strategy) and others just touch state lines with no way to get a receipt.

Thanks for the tip on Montezuma Creek.

Consider changing your Florida stop to Century, about 30 mile East of your current stop. There's a Parade gas station just a block or two across the state line with a good receipt but no pay at the pump.

Last edited by a moderator: