48 Plus - 10/10ths

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Next summer I am planning on doing the 48 plus IBA ride. I want to lengthen the ride OR

use the return trip, to accomplish the 10/10ths. I am checking sites for organized rides.

MTF, Tourmasters, IBA... Any suggestions on sites? When do these rides get announced?

If I can't find a "Group" ride, I will still make the ride. I need to start planning soon, as

accomplishing the 10/10ths with this ride will make it much more difficult. Anyone who

has advice, be it equipment, clothing, routing... I would appreciate your input. Also if you

are considering such a ride, riders are welcomed. My initial idea is to run 1050 miles per

24 hours. The gas in every state method seems logical. Since the 10/10ths is also my objective,

planning is essential.

I recently did the 100CCC W/ 2 BBGs- I over worried and took few pictures. This trip I want

to remember with photos, so the 10/10th will force me to pace myself and ENJOY !!! Advice on

the Canadian leg would be most helpful. This forum has helped me so much already. Thanks...

Last edited by a moderator:
You can look at mine from a couple of years ago here https://home.earthlink.net/~rickcorwn/index.html
I've got to rush off to work right now I'll post some answers a bit later.
Rick, I read your ride report... Wow, Great job! Did you write it from memory or write it on the road?

You were really connected to the"LD crowd" with your PC group. My concern about my trip is that most

likely it will be a solo act with very few connections. I am new to the FJR (5 months) and even newer to

the IBA (Still waiting for my 1st of 5 certificates) I do love LD riding though, and I am not backing off.

Any gear advice would be great. Thanks

You can look at mine from a couple of years ago here https://home.earthlink.net/~rickcorwn/index.html
I've got to rush off to work right now I'll post some answers a bit later.
Rick, I read your ride report... Wow, Great job! Did you write it from memory or write it on the road?

You were really connected to the"LD crowd" with your PC group. My concern about my trip is that most

likely it will be a solo act with very few connections. I am new to the FJR (5 months) and even newer to

the IBA (Still waiting for my 1st of 5 certificates) I do love LD riding though, and I am not backing off.

Any gear advice would be great. Thanks
FJR assistance list nationwide...volunteer Feejer peeps listed by state and location

either request or PM me with your email address...I'll be happy to send it to you

post your route or get in touch with folks near your route or near you anticipated stops

I used it to get in touch with folks going to SFO and about six of us got together overnight in Little Rock and rode in the next morning on the Pig Trail.

I keep that list with me if I ever need it.

just a thought...

best to you on your endeavor

you or anybody else is welcome to look me up if ya come anywhere near Ole Nawlins'

Mike

in you know where

Latest posts