4th of July Fun

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evil_henchman

Reaction score
Stayed at "the cabin". About halfway between Monterey and Big Sur and about 1 mile up from the water:

JobsonCabinJanuary2006002.jpg

Here's the view from where the cabin road hits the PCH:

JobsonCabinJanuary2006005.jpg

Here's our little piece of paradise where we shot off lots of totally illegal fireworks. The mortars were especially cool :coolsmiley02:

JobsonCabinJuly4th2006007.jpg

Pip the wonder dog. Most of the prints in the sand are hers:

JobsonCabinJanuary2006027.jpg

Been there, not at the cabin, but I do remember some awesome sunsets in that area when I used to drive West Coast runs. Miss it terribly sometimes.

Gorgeous ! Neat hound you got there.Great place too. My wife's never been to Big Sur.We want to ride the whole Calif coast. Will take her there in Sept. Know of any decent, reasonable(CHEAP AS HELL,I hope) places to stay,ie, campgrounds, motels ? Thanks.

Gorgeous ! Neat hound you got there.Great place too. My wife's never been to Big Sur.We want to ride the whole Calif coast. Will take her there in Sept. Know of any decent, reasonable(CHEAP AS HELL,I hope) places to stay,ie, campgrounds, motels ? Thanks.
There are campgrounds, but they may require reservations so start checking now. If you have AAA, they can help. Maybe you can start a thread on the rideout (ride planning?) page and get some better help from those who live along the coast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry but cheap as hell doesn't exist on the California coast but just a bit inland and the prices can go down quick. Season makes a big difference and prices fall starting in October which, by the way, is the hands down best month of the year to be on the coast. The ocean temp is at it's peak (though still cold as hell) and that's what moderates the climate. And the crowds are pretty much gone. Good luck and enjoy! Oh and check here: Click

madmike,evil, thankya,thankya v'ry much. Wonerfil,jus wonerfil. Will check it out ! Really is a beautiful area. :)