6th annual 'Ride to the Rock' Saturday 11/29/08

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cota95

RI Beach Pop
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen:

I am putting on the schedule the 6th annual 'Ride to the Rock'. The ride leaves from my humble abode in Lincoln RI at 9am and travels the backroads of southeastern MA to Plymouth MA to visit 'the rock' in honor of our forefathers and Thanksgiving. The ride is held the Saturday after Thanksgiving each year (rain/snow date Sunday 11/30). The ride will go on regardless of how many attend-we have had as many as 15 and as few as 3. We couldn't care less what you ride (note to Shawn) but we do require the noisy HDs to ride in the rear. Leave a message here if you would like more info and directions to my house. DRESS WARM!! Here are a couple of pics from last years ride.

100_4676.jpg

100_2230a.jpg

100_2233a.jpg

100_2235a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very neat idea!

What will be the pace? I ask because it will depend on who I invite with me.

Is this FJR-only? :lol:

Very neat idea!
What will be the pace? I ask because it will depend on who I invite with me.

Is this FJR-only? :lol:
Pace will be relaxed-we do have some HD riders coming. :rolleyes: The only requirement is 2 wheels.

I would love to do this trip but i will taking another one on that same day. On Delta to a much warmer climate.

We couldn't care less what you ride (note to Shawn) but we do require the noisy HDs to ride in the rear.
LMAO OK...it looks like this is put up or shut up time isn't it? :)

Tell you what -- if I'm allowed to go (my wife and I will be getting back from Italy the previous Wednesday) I will put all the clothes I own and join you!

I'm 80% in. Where the heck is Lincloln?

How many estimated miles in the loop?

Edit: Found it! Weather looks good on the 10 day.

I'm 80% in. Where the heck is Lincloln?
How many estimated miles in the loop?

140 miles round trip with numerous cutouts to slab for those that have to leave early.

105 From Rochester to Kingston is a pretty nice run. Not sure if it's on your route but you may want to check it out. 105 runs into 44 which takes you right to the rock. IMO just keep heading north on 105 then double back south to the rock, much nicer ride. I do it quite often.

cota- Please put me on the "attending" list and kindly PM the meeting spot. I will hopefully be bringing a few more riders with me.

cota- Please put me on the "attending" list and kindly PM the meeting spot. I will hopefully be bringing a few more riders with me.
PM sent. I should also mention that this is not a high speed run because the roads do not support it. Just a nice late season get together.

PM sent. I should also mention that this is not a high speed run because the roads do not support it. Just a nice late season get together.
Besides, you're likely gonna be freezing your asses off already, so additional wind chill is not likely to be all that welcome. ;)

I'll keep an eye on this one. May have something else going on up this way on that same weekend, though seeing the Mayflower and the Ole' Rock on Turkey Day weekend has a great deal of appeal.

Better check the really long range forcast there S76... This one is in November (not October)

[

Better check the really long range forcast there S76... This one is in November (not October)
I just figured that he wanted to get an early start on the trip, he is coming from CT you know!
Hey - Stafford is practically Massachusetts! I am going to try to make it. My guess is I'm about 2 hours from you. Can you email me the way to your house (or at least an address)

[email protected]

[

I just figured that he wanted to get an early start on the trip, he is coming from CT you know!
Hey - Stafford is practically Massachusetts! I am going to try to make it. My guess is I'm about 2 hours from you. Can you email me the way to your house (or at least an address)

[email protected]
Directions sent Jerry. Long range forcast is 49/34 and sunny. Look forward to meeting you.

I won't be able to make this ride. Some issues have come up.

If things pan out and I end up being able to go, I'll be on the lookout for you guys at the rock. Likely be on my FZ1.

You all be sure to ride safe, stay safe and have a happy Thanksgiving!

I won't be able to make this ride. Some issues have come up.
If things pan out and I end up being able to go, I'll be on the lookout for you guys at the rock. Likely be on my FZ1.

You all be sure to ride safe, stay safe and have a happy Thanksgiving!
Take care Bergs. We should arrive at the "Rock" around 11:30

Ladies and gentlemen:I am putting on the schedule the 6th annual 'Ride to the Rock'. The ride leaves from my humble abode in Lincoln RI at 9am and travels the backroads of southeastern MA to Plymouth MA to visit 'the rock' in honor of our forefathers and Thanksgiving. The ride is held the Saturday after Thanksgiving each year (rain/snow date Sunday 11/30). The ride will go on regardless of how many attend-we have had as many as 15 and as few as 3. We couldn't care less what you ride (note to Shawn) but we do require the noisy HDs to ride in the rear. Leave a message here if you would like more info and directions to my house. DRESS WARM!! Here are a couple of pics from last years ride.
Sent you a PM

Anyone else coming from CT?

Just a quick note to tell everyone that they missed a great ride. I'll be posting up some pics in the ride reports section when I get a chance.

Note to Shawn King: You can see from the pic below that we didn't restrict by ride type

103_2620.jpg