7 Click GP Levers - Anyone?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mortenk

Reaction score
I don't know what material the clutch and brake levers are made from but both the FJR and my old ST gave me a very dirty left hand after riding 20 min in heavy traffic. I tried cleaning them, but no improvement, so it must be the metal that "rubs off" on my fingers.

So, I decided to try 3rd party levers: 7 Click GP Levers. They arrived today, but I don't think they fit, despite them being specifically for the FJR. The hole that the brake activation pin slides into is not quite as deep as the original lever, which means that the brakes are activated slightly even before I touch the lever. The difference is less than a millimeter, but that's enough to not fully release the brake.

I'm obviously not going to ride like this. Has anyone else tried these levers? I guess I could drill the hole a bit deeper, but feel this shouldn't be necessary on levers specifically made for this bike...

I bought a set off eBay that had a similar problem, kept the brake light switch on when in the normal released position. A moment with a drill bit cured it. For $20 delivered from USA, I did not expect perfection from these chinese knockoffs, and was pleasantly surprised by the decent finish. So much better than the faux carbon fiber ones the PO put on.

I've got three or four sets of the2wheels levers and use them interchangeability on both the FJR and Tenere. Fitment seems about the same as the Pazzo set I have. Haven't had brake dragging issues with either bike...

~G

ASV or CRG are the ONLY aftermarket levers I’ll ever buy. The rest are merely bad copies.

There are just too many things that can go wrong with a poorly designed front brake lever.

ASV and CRG are designed by Engineers, not just copies. Pazzo is a perfect example of a blatant rip off of CRG. Decades of track days and a degree in Mechanical Engineering makes me VERY particular about how an aftermarket piece will fit and affect my bikes.

After complaining about the dragging brake issue, the company sent me a replacement part - but it was identical. I can therefore conclude that these levers have a general problem fitting my FJR. The dragging brake might actually go away by itself (if I e.g. push the pads out a bit) but I found a more significant problem: the brake light will only come on if I put a lot of pressure on the lever. Normal braking doesn't activate it - and this is a showstopper for me.

I will definitely warn other people against buying these low-cost levers - they simply don't fit the FJR very well.

"gave me a very dirty left hand after riding 20 min in heavy traffic"

So, you don't wear gloves?
default_sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
MrM0t0 posted: I've had these on 4 bikes. Good stuff at a good price.
https://www.the2wheels.com/
Mortenk posted:These are the ones. It sounds like I need to drill a little and then be good to go...they surely feel/look nice, but just don't fit 100%. Made in Taiwan I think...
Sorry yours don't work, Mortenk. I've have a set on my 2015 since ... well, 2015 ... that have worked without issue.

I knew they were good because you said you used them and liked them. So I bought a set. They looked like they fit, but caused clutch slippage. I double checked everything. Something has changed at 2wheels. They’re either picking wrong parts or their manufacturing process is having issues.

I knew they were good because you said you used them and liked them. So I bought a set. They looked like they fit, but caused clutch slippage. I double checked everything. Something has changed at 2wheels. They’re either picking wrong parts or their manufacturing process is having issues.
Agreed. When I compare the OEM lever with my 2wheels lever you can see clear differences in critical areas. It should not be hard to ensure that the basic dimensions are identical, but when e.g. the "plate" that activates the brake-switch looks completely different, no wonder that my brake lights act differently. And when the hole that seats the brake activation pin isn't the same size, no wonder the brake doesn't work well...

I have asked for a refund, but not expecting any response from the company. If anything, they will probably ask me to pay return shipping, which would make it cost prohibited

I have asked for a refund, but not expecting any response from the company. If anything, they will probably ask me to pay return shipping, which would make it cost prohibited
One would make an excellent weight for salt water fishing tackle.

Bill Lumberg: I knew they were good because you said you used them and liked them. So I bought a set. They looked like they fit, but caused clutch slippage. I double checked everything. Something has changed at 2wheels. They’re either picking wrong parts or their manufacturing process is having issues.
Bill, typically that's caused by missing the hole in the brass bushing. Easy to do, happens with the stock lever too.

~G

ASV or CRG are the ONLY aftermarket levers I’ll ever buy. The rest are merely bad copies.
There are just too many things that can go wrong with a poorly designed front brake lever.

ASV and CRG are designed by Engineers, not just copies. Pazzo is a perfect example of a blatant rip off of CRG. Decades of track days and a degree in Mechanical Engineering makes me VERY particular about how an aftermarket piece will fit and affect my bikes.
+1 on the ASV levers. Have them on my FJR and ST1300. Had the brake drag issue on the St but there is a little plate that can be removed with one screw and work like a champ.

Holy crap those ASV and CRG levers are expensive! No way in hell I would EVER pay $100-$200 PER LEVER! I'm not a racer...sheesh.

If that had been the case, I’d still be running those purty black levers...

Bill Lumberg: I knew they were good because you said you used them and liked them. So I bought a set. They looked like they fit, but caused clutch slippage. I double checked everything. Something has changed at 2wheels. They’re either picking wrong parts or their manufacturing process is having issues.
Bill, typically that's caused by missing the hole in the brass bushing. Easy to do, happens with the stock lever too.

~G