7th annual Ride to the Rock- Saturday 11/28/09

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trailer? Trailer? :angry:

Geeze George, I thought we were friends... :rolleyes:

Well, I could do like CJ and man up for the brisk morning ride-in, then make an early departure to get back home before too late. A lot will plan on what family plans are. Kids will all be home from schools for the T-day festivities, so I may have plans that I don't even know about, if you know what I mean. :blink:

Hmmm, though I usually shun the freeways, I bet that early on Black Friday the traffic would be pretty light. GoogleMaps says I can get there in 1 hour 35mins via I95. I'd definitely have to do that rather than my usual backroads meandering.

As to weather, way too soon to put any credence in it, but they are calling for rain on Thurs and Fri as of right now. :angry:

So put me down as a definite maybe. :unsure: ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a definite, solid maybe also. Its always nice when people that are going to be riding in coastal MA actually INVITE YOU to join them. :p

I may have to purchase some new thermal undies, the other ones seem to have shrunk in the closet over the summer for some reason. <_<

132 miles with 3 stops!? Are you sure this isn't a HOG ride?

132 miles with 3 stops!? Are you sure this isn't a HOG ride?
There will be more Hardleys than FJRs on this ride. And if it's in the 30s and windy you'll be begging me to stop. :rolleyes:

We actually have a Kawi rider that goes every year that has a 110 mile range on his tank from full. :dribble:

I'm a definite, solid maybe also. Its always nice when people that are going to be riding in coastal MA actually INVITE YOU to join them. :p
Oh oh... :unsure: Did I mess up? Probably. I'm pretty good at that. ;)

Well, it looks like I'll be riding down to Lincoln with Professor i and Fred W III (hint: I'm Fred W Jr.) on Saturday if it isn't all wet and nasty cold. Otherwise we'll just lay around on the sofa and chew on turkey legs.

Weather forecast for my house (02865) as of now is for partly cloudy, windy, 38-50. Eat plenty of turkey and pie tomorrow so you won't get blown away.

I'll reserve judgement until closer to Saturday.

Right now the forcast for Southern NH (from weather.com) has the four letter word starting with "s" in it. :angry:

OTOH, the NWS is calling for mostly sunny, High of 48! :yahoo: I hope that one is right...

I'll reserve judgement until closer to Saturday.
Right now the forcast for Southern NH (from weather.com) has the four letter word starting with "s" in it. :angry:

OTOH, the NWS is calling for mostly sunny, High of 48! :yahoo: I hope that one is right...
You guys in NH are such wooses...suck it up and install the chains. :lol:

George,

Looks like it's not going to be temps or weather that's going to stop me from this ride, but ironically, it IS my passenger...... my 13 yo son who was supposed to be riding with me came home with an absolutely horrendous progress report/report card from school! :angry2: Its my weekend with my kids and the deal with his step-mother was that if I went on the ride, I had to take him with me. I just can't justify allowing him to go on the ride which is a privelege, not a right, for complete lack of effort and shitty behavior. . . . even though it means I can't go either.

I've always told all of my kids that often times, the right thing to do is seldom easy. So, case in point, I guess. . . .

son of a *$!^!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Sure, I suppose I could just beat the hell out of him to punish him, but DSS frowns on that sort of behavior :huh: . . . . and I just can't leave him home for his step-mother to deal with. . . she's worse than DSS :assassin: !

So, I very regretfully have to say that I am going to miss out on this ride. I sure hope the rest of you can enjoy it.

George,Looks like it's not going to be temps or weather that's going to stop me from this ride, but ironically, it IS my passenger...... my 13 yo son who was supposed to be riding with me came home with an absolutely horrendous progress report/report card from school! :angry2: Its my weekend with my kids and the deal with his step-mother was that if I went on the ride, I had to take him with me. I just can't justify allowing him to go on the ride which is a privelege, not a right, for complete lack of effort and shitty behavior. . . . even though it means I can't go either.

I've always told all of my kids that often times, the right thing to do is seldom easy. So, case in point, I guess. . . .

son of a *$!^!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Sure, I suppose I could just beat the hell out of him to punish him, but DSS frowns on that sort of behavior :huh: . . . . and I just can't leave him home for his step-mother to deal with. . . she's worse than DSS :assassin: !

So, I very regretfully have to say that I am going to miss out on this ride. I sure hope the rest of you can enjoy it.
CJ, I've got a better punishment. Drop him off at my house and I'll have my wife make him help pack and clean for our upcoming move ;) That will scare him straight.

I hope Steve T. has a better report card than CJ's son or he may be grounded also. :rolleyes:
It's too late for him Chris...

Well, Chris, I did find that his time to muscle fatigue in the front leaning rest position (pushup position) is eight minutes! ;) I hate not going but I don't really see allowing him to ride as an option. And it also wouldn't be fair to my wife to get stuck dealing with him for the day, when it is my weekend for visitation..... blah, the whole thing just sucks. Oh well, welcome to planned parenthood!

If I wasn't afraid of popping the seams on the sidebags, I'd stuff his ass in there on the ride like a porked out turkey! I could ride in peace, too. . . . just sayin'.

Mrs. Cota would prolly do him some good, come to think of it. . . .

Weather forecast tomorrow is 32-48 with all showers ending right after midnight. :yahoo: It's going to be windy so dress warm

The forecast I saw shows rain Sat. morning until around 10:00 AM. Are you going to go if it is raining or postpone until Sun.?

Brian

Weather forecast tomorrow is 32-48 with all showers ending right after midnight. :yahoo: It's going to be windy so dress warm

+1 - The weather doesn't look to be very nice tomorrow from my vantage point either.

Checking forecasts from two sources for southern, NH Boston and Plymouth, MA and all show high probability of showers through mid day.

Too bad this wasn't on Sunday? Sunday is going to be a much nicer day! (hint, hint)

I'd sure like to get on down to see all you'se guys, but I don't think it's worth slabbing a couple of hours in freezing rain.

That said, I'm probably gonna bail out for tomorrow. I'll keep an eye out to see if the ride gets pushed out to Sunday.

The decision has been taken out of my hands, I won't make this ride. Blame Helen.

About an hour before Thanksgiving supper Helen missteped and took a header down our stairs, hit the wall at the landing then ricocheted down the rest of the stairs. Nothing broken but both legs are damaged and she can't walk. It remains to be seen if her already surgically repaired knee is toast. Foolishly she wasn't wearing her gear at the time.

The rain has stopped down here and the forecast is for just an isolated shower tomorrow morning. There is a big difference in traffic at the rock between Saturday and Sunday. Sorry northern guys but the ride is still on for tomorrow (Saturday).

Note to FredW: I will be heading north next Friday morning and coming home Sunday morning so we should be able to connect to deliver your package ;)

Dang, Alan, I thought my excuse made me feel bad enough. . . . . sure hope Mrs. Beam is ok!

edit- why'd ya have to push her?!

...edit- why'd ya have to push her?!
I didn't, it was the cat's fault (for all you cat haters).

We have a couple of cats 'of distinction' and Helen had gone upstairs to bring down our 25 lb Norwegian Forrest Cat for my sister-in-law to see & pet. No hands on the hand rail, unable to see her feet past the cat -- the beginning of the end. Kitty took the same fall and also came up limping. He recovered, Helen didn't.

Sinister cat of death that nearly killed Helen:

IMG_2605asm.jpg

The living nightmare and instant death to all squirrels, chipmunks and mouses.

The decision has been taken out of my hands, I won't make this ride. Blame Helen.
About an hour before Thanksgiving supper Helen missteped and took a header down our stairs, hit the wall at the landing then ricocheted down the rest of the stairs. Nothing broken but both legs are damaged and she can't walk. It remains to be seen if her already surgically repaired knee is toast. Foolishly she wasn't wearing her gear at the time.
Tell Helen we're hoping for a quick recovery. Tell her to relax and watch the Celtics-just starting the second qtr.