8000 mile service at dealer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeeeouch!, hell yeah you got screwed, if that didn't include the tires...

I hope to hell you got a blow-job while you waited cause that's crazy.

I'd like to know the breakdown, did they bend you over on labor because it took them longer to work on it because they had (probably) never seen one before or did they actually do a LOT of uncessary stuff because they could.

I decided I would have the 8000 mile service done at the local dealer while I had new front and rear tires put on the bike. They charged me $468.00 for the tire install and the service which is basically an oil change and looking things over. This just sounds OUTRAGEOUS to me! Is it in any way worth it to have a dealer service the bike like this or would I be way better off changing the oil and doing the other maintenance myself. I know the 16000 mile service includeds checking the valves and they quoted that at around 9 hours at 88.00/hr. Thats almost $800.00 just to check them. That hurts! Alright I'm done bitching now!

Right in line with Cali prices. $200 for tire change front and rear, roughly $270 for oil change and TBS...My service plan runs out this month and I will have to dust off the wrenches soon - sigh - it was nice while it lasted.

My 8K sservice was $126 and I supplied the plugs (Iridium). Guess there's one good thing about living in Corn Country!