8th annual 'Ride to the Rock'

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cota95

RI Beach Pop
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen:

I am putting on the schedule the 8th annual 'Ride to the Rock'. The ride leaves from my humble abode in Lincoln RI at 9am and travels the backroads of southeastern MA to Plymouth MA to visit 'the rock' in honor of our forefathers and Thanksgiving. The ride is held the Saturday after Thanksgiving each year (rain/snow date Sunday 11/28). The ride will go on regardless of how cold it is or how many attend-we have had as many as 19 and as few as 3. We couldn't care less what you ride but we do require the noisy HDs to ride in the rear. Leave a message here if you would like more info and directions to my house. DRESS WARM!! Here are a couple of pics from last years ride.

In front of the Mayflower II

20.jpg

Gathering at the (old) homestead-start has been moved next door this year!

100_0055-1.jpg

12.jpg

The 'Rock'

17.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For riders that are coming from a distance and would like a place to stay overnight, (Friday/Saturday or both nights), I will have a number of cots available in the 'barn'. The 'barn' is what I call my garage, which has heat, bathroom, TV, and wireless internet. Not exactly camping and cheaper than a hotel. My wife, the lovely Marcia, will be providing food both nights. Let me know if you have any interest.

I just finished plotting a nice route thru Mass, from mi casa to casa Cota.

According to Mapsucks, I can get there in just a hair over 2 hours of ride time and never touch an interstate.

I think it will be a bit longer for lights and traffic, depending on time of day.

The "barn" sleepover on Friday night is sounding attractive.

According to Mapsucks, I can get there in just a hair over 2 hours of ride time and never touch an interstate.

I think it will be a bit longer for lights and traffic, depending on time of day.

Fred, I will have Friday off work so if you get down here earlier on Friday I'm sure we can find somewhere to ride to! :rolleyes: Maybe take a spin down to New London to meet Chris at the ferry.

Fred, I will have Friday off work so if you get down here earlier on Friday I'm sure we can find somewhere to ride to! :rolleyes: Maybe take a spin down to New London to meet Chris at the ferry.
Sounds like a good idea. I'm certainly not going anywhere near a store that Friday. ;)

I am, quite honestly, getting sick of having to sit hear and type "Nope, can't make it" kind of replies.... :angry2: VERY frustrating. I guess it's just part of where I am in life right now. Job, kids, bills....... I don't want to rush a single day because life is too short and it always seems so far away until you get there, and then you look back and say "Holy shit, where did the time go?". I have no weekends free. I think I've made that abundantly clear on some of my other whiney posts. But that is why it can be so difficult challenging to make any weekend rides. But, on the same token, it's what makes those rides that I CAN make so special.

This is part of the reason why I am having difficulty in deciding whether I'll be able to try and organize a second Chowda Ride.... but I promise to do my best! Can't believe, still, I missed my own damned ride! That just busts me up laughing in irony! Friggin' unbelievable!

I will sincerely miss being with a group of great people enjoying perhaps one of the season's last hoo-rah's.

This will be a fun trip. I have to be back for a high school reunion that night but I will plan on joining in. I think Im the newest forum member in the area so I look forward to meeting some local FJR riders, and learning more about this bike.

This will be a fun trip. I have to be back for a high school reunion that night but I will plan on joining in. I think Im the newest forum member in the area so I look forward to meeting some local FJR riders, and learning more about this bike.
Look forward to meeting you. If you have any questions before the event be sure to pm me.

I think Im the newest forum member in the area so I look forward to meeting some local FJR riders
2Bull, it truly pains me to think that this R2TR group is going to be the representative first slice of the FJR Riders pie that you will be ingesting. You may want to drink heavily before you show up. :lol:

It should be good fun and a great chance to meet some new people!

I think Im the newest forum member in the area so I look forward to meeting some local FJR riders
2Bull, it truly pains me to think that this R2TR group is going to be the representative first slice of the FJR Riders pie that you will be ingesting. You may want to drink heavily before you show up. :lol:

It should be good fun and a great chance to meet some new people!

Nice. I will bring pepper spray just in case.

Pre-rode the route today to see if all the roads were ok and that the 'rock' was still there. :rolleyes: I'm here to report that we are a go-2 weeks from tomorrow.

Well damn, gonna miss it again this year. My brother called over the weekend and says he is having a party on Sat, and I have to make this one. What really sucks is I have needlessly purchased a new set to tires specifically to be able to make the Ride to the Rock.

Might be able to make the ride to the rock - still have room in the garage on Friday night?
Sure do! A sleeping bag will be needed. Please let me know if you are coming on Friday and when so I'll be there. phone is 401-333-0523.

I will be posting a gpx file of the route later today.

Well damn, gonna miss it again this year. My brother called over the weekend and says he is having a party on Sat, and I have to make this one. What really sucks is I have needlessly purchased a new set to tires specifically to be able to make the Ride to the Rock.
That's too bad Alan. Forecast is for a nice weekend, just a tad cold.