8th annual 'Ride to the Rock'

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Below is a link for anyone wanting hotel info. A&D are probably the best choices although prices in the are stink.

Hotels

Below is a map of the ride. I can't remember (CRS) how to attach the gpx file to the post so if you pm me with your email address I can send the map file.

2010rockride.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of the Maine guys have canceled, it seems an inch of snow and plow trucks can disrupt their plans :rolleyes: Can't say I blame them. The rain has stopped here and sky is getting brighter. Tomorrow's forecast is for sunny and breezy, highs in the 40's.

Hoping you all had a good day of riding! Looking forward to seeing some pics! It was nice and sunny up in central Mass, assuming the same held out for you guys! Saw the first snowflakes of the season this afternoon up this way. . . :(

We set off today at a balmy 38 degrees. The wind picked up and the temps stayed between 43-45 for the day. We had 18 bikes and 20 people. Pictures to follow.

Coffee and donuts were served in my man-cave

104_2181-1.jpg

104_2182.jpg

Getting ready to ride

104_2186-1.jpg

104_2184.jpg

100_0282.jpg

100_0283.jpg

Arriving on Plymouth

104_2197.jpg

104_2192.jpg

104_2191.jpg

The group in front of the Mayflower II

104_2196.jpg

The Rock

DSCF3487.jpg

Dave (o8fjr4me) and Ann

DSCF3469.jpg

Lunch break

104_2198.jpg

104_2199.jpg

Forum members at the ride include Cota95(George),Exciter99(Steve), TheAxeman(Chris),Lrider(Leo), and 08fjr4me(Dave&Ann)

George,

Thanks again for another great ride and your hospitality. It was nice seeing a mixed venue of M/C's. I would have love to have taken that Duc for a spin around the block. It was another repeat of last year Cold and a bit windy but still a great day. Us New Englanders are pretty tough. :ph34r:

Our Maine and NH contingent well? :p I thought them folks new how to handle cold weather. Sorry the rest of the Northerners couldn't make it. Hopefully next year.

Dave & Ann

Looks like it was another fine ride!

This part of the NH mob had bald tires (fuck you very much FedEx for loosing my new tires) so I opted for a late Thanksgiving party at my brothers house. Just after 4:00 it started to snow in Strafford, then we got white out conditions for over an hour, it snowed another hour after that. When we left at 10:30 the roads were slicker 'n snot on a brass doorknob. I was really hoping that the other mob members from NH were not trying to ride home in these conditions. Once we were ~10 miles from home all signs of snow were gone so perhaps any northern riders wouldn't have hit the snow storms returning from the ride.

Maybe next year things will work out better.

I was just thinken,

We are are going to need another logo pic for the ride to the rock. These guys certainly got a reprieve since turkey day is now over.

A few pic's. from yesterdays ride. It didn't look that Grim to me. :) Our Fantastic Ride leader below, George.

Till next year.

Sorry to hear about your tires Alan. I hope they show up.

Thanks to everyone that came to hang out with us. We had riders from NH, MA, RI,and NY join us. Hopefully the northern mob will be able to make the ride in the future. Your right Dave, we need a logo for the rock ride. Any artists out there??

Latest posts