A big thanks to everyone

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the nice comments. My attitude is a reflection of the circumstance...it could have been alot worse. Once I took inventory on body parts and wasn't missing anything, the rest is easy. I have no emotional connection to any machine, the body parts are a different story.

I got a call from the insurance today, he confirmed the total but didn't have numbers yet. He was asking about the seat and saddlebags though....dunno where they went

On a sad note, he said he spent an hour on the wrong bike doing an estimate since it had Kansas plates also. The wrecks were way to similar in too many ways. I heard Jeff was recovering but had considerably more injury than I did.

it was southern comfort. this pic explains why i went through 2 bottles this weekend! :eek:

but its all good! least i could do for a new crash club member! ;)

it was southern comfort. this pic explains why i went through 2 bottles this weekend! :eek:
but its all good! least i could do for a new crash club member! ;)

Thats right, I remember now...that reminds me, if I can make it to NAFO you drink on me, or around me, or whatever. SoCo is on me....

Thanks for all the nice comments. My attitude is a reflection of the circumstance...it could have been alot worse. Once I took inventory on body parts and wasn't missing anything, the rest is easy. I have no emotional connection to any machine, the body parts are a different story.
I got a call from the insurance today, he confirmed the total but didn't have numbers yet. He was asking about the seat and saddlebags though....dunno where they went

On a sad note, he said he spent an hour on the wrong bike doing an estimate since it had Kansas plates also. The wrecks were way to similar in too many ways. I heard Jeff was recovering but had considerably more injury than I did.
Hey, it's not a sad note if he spent an hour on my bike. :) Mine needs to be estimated, too. I'll PM you with the offer they make to me so we can compare numbers.

Hey Kirk,

I just wanted to holler at you and say any time man. If you get the chance, return the favor to someone in need...There are a lot of good people in the world and a lot of them ride. There were even some folks that stopped in four wheelers also. Country folks are just different that way. Next time you do something like that and I have to stop though you might at least have the weather a little warmer or have a cold beer handy or something...just kidding.

What did we learn from this little ordeal. Yeah I can go there, cause I'm old, I've been riding longer than you've been alive, and I've been there, crashed that...LOL. Kudos on wearing the protective gear. I hope you would have had it on even if the weather would have been warmer and drier. Hate to break it to you, but if you continue to ride that probably is'nt the last one of those you will have. I was looking at the photos you posted that you took at the crash site. I believe it was #6 of the 14 shots, but it really shows that was one really nasty little turn. Just about where you were really cramming on some major brakes there is a small rise and then it goes off camber. And wet to boot. We went that way the next morning going home and I also didn't realize that it was posted 20 mph. You've just got to have that margin for error...All righty then, down off the box I step.

I'm really glad you are ok and maybe next time we can go for a ride.

James

Hey Kirk,I just wanted to holler at you and say any time man. If you get the chance, return the favor to someone in need...There are a lot of good people in the world and a lot of them ride. There were even some folks that stopped in four wheelers also. Country folks are just different that way. Next time you do something like that and I have to stop though you might at least have the weather a little warmer or have a cold beer handy or something...just kidding.

What did we learn from this little ordeal. Yeah I can go there, cause I'm old, I've been riding longer than you've been alive, and I've been there, crashed that...LOL. Kudos on wearing the protective gear. I hope you would have had it on even if the weather would have been warmer and drier. Hate to break it to you, but if you continue to ride that probably is'nt the last one of those you will have. I was looking at the photos you posted that you took at the crash site. I believe it was #6 of the 14 shots, but it really shows that was one really nasty little turn. Just about where you were really cramming on some major brakes there is a small rise and then it goes off camber. And wet to boot. We went that way the next morning going home and I also didn't realize that it was posted 20 mph. You've just got to have that margin for error...All righty then, down off the box I step.

I'm really glad you are ok and maybe next time we can go for a ride.

James
James,

Thanks again for everything, I think you nailed your accident investigation exam right on the head. I thought I had a margin, thought I was being careful, thought I was better than I was. That being said, I'm pretty good at learning...and think I know the 3-4 things I did wrong and how they can be fixed. I know that my expierence level is not nearly where I would like it, I did plenty of riding in twisties on my V-star but the FJR is a completely different animal. These were the first real twisties for me on the FJR even though I had nearly 5000 miles on it since October, God Bless Kansas....Anyway, lessons learned and all that, if you ever get to Kansas I will have that beer for you, thanks again.

Hey Kurt, we were worried about you all weekend. You would not say a damn thing after I rode your bike to higher ground. Called and left a message for Chick when we got back to ES to lend a trailer if needed.

Good to see you faired well, that was a nasty place to go down. Cagers whipping through the fog with no headlights kind of freaked us out too.

Heal up and take care.

Larry

Hey Kurt, we were worried about you all weekend. You would not say a damn thing after I rode your bike to higher ground. Called and left a message for Chick when we got back to ES to lend a trailer if needed.
Good to see you faired well, that was a nasty place to go down. Cagers whipping through the fog with no headlights kind of freaked us out too.

Heal up and take care.

Larry

I was a little more shook up than I thought, I do remember the FZ1 group with one guy that said he also had an 05--musta been you. We saw some really freaky things on that corner in the hour I sat there, trucks would whip though and use the entire turn, meeting one of them would've been much worse. Thanks again for everything, pass it on the rest of the guys who were with you...I owe all you a beer.

And I've got a new bike coming...another 05' well farkled, more details when I actually have hands on it.